Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Humour

Humour

-=rjh=-

It isn't often that a website *comment* makes makes it onto the RSS feed
from http://del.icio.us/popular/ but this guy managed it; I'm not sure
this isn't a wind-up, but he certainly had me shaking my head in
disbelief

http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355...79073&start=56
http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355...79806&start=56

El Chippy

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 12:30:54 +1300, -=rjh=- wrote:

> It isn't often that a website *comment* makes makes it onto the RSS feed
> from http://del.icio.us/popular/ but this guy managed it; I'm not sure
> this isn't a wind-up, but he certainly had me shaking my head in
> disbelief
>

> http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355...79073&start=56
> http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355...79806&start=56

LMAO, that truely deserves the label of "Classic!"

Peter

El Chippy wrote:

http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355...79073&start=56

http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355...79806&start=56

> LMAO, that truely deserves the label of "Classic!"

"Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to
the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without
using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible."

Surely this is a hoax. No one could be that stupid.

El Chippy

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 17:37:12 +1300, Peter wrote:

> "Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to
> the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without
> using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible."
>
> Surely this is a hoax. No one could be that stupid.

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
- Elbert Hubbard

-=rjh=-

Peter wrote:
> El Chippy wrote:
> http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355...79073&start=56
> http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355...79806&start=56
>
>> LMAO, that truely deserves the label of "Classic!"

> "Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to
> the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without
> using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible."
>
> Surely this is a hoax. No one could be that stupid.

I did say I wasn't sure it wasn't a wind-up, and the poster also said in
a different post:

"Vista is the Future
Its clearly evident that vista is the future.

One only has to watch TV for a short period of time and see the advertising.

WOW !!

I personally love the part where the young man is taking a stroll in the
delightful snow covered streets, and sees firsthand a young deer with a
gleefull glint in its eye. It sends a shiver down my spine. WOW is all I
can say.

Vista is clearly the future of enterprise computing."

So maybe it is.

GraB

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 12:30:54 +1300, -=rjh=- <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It isn't often that a website *comment* makes makes it onto the RSS feed
>from http://del.icio.us/popular/ but this guy managed it; I'm not sure
>this isn't a wind-up, but he certainly had me shaking my head in
>disbelief
>

>http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355...79073&start=56
>http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355...79806&start=56

What an utter nutter!

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

-=rjh=- wrote:
> Peter wrote:
>
>> El Chippy wrote:
>> http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355...79073&start=56
>>
>> http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355...79806&start=56
>>

>>> LMAO, that truely deserves the label of "Classic!"

>> "Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be
>> extended to
>> the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without
>> using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible."
>>
>> Surely this is a hoax. No one could be that stupid.

> I did say I wasn't sure it wasn't a wind-up, and the poster also said in
> a different post:
>
> "Vista is the Future
> Its clearly evident that vista is the future.
>
> One only has to watch TV for a short period of time and see the
> advertising.
>
> WOW !!
>
> I personally love the part where the young man is taking a stroll in the
> delightful snow covered streets, and sees firsthand a young deer with a
> gleefull glint in its eye. It sends a shiver down my spine. WOW is all I
> can say.

This guy must be the worlds fastest one-handed typist. No prizes for
guessing where the other hand is...

> Vista is clearly the future of enterprise computing."
>
> So maybe it is.

Some would have you believe so. I think its more a case of Vista
being *a* part of the future, not *the* future.

Microsoft should consider sending that simpleton an Acer Ferrari,
for his part in furthering the FUD campaign. I don't doubt there
are people stupid enough to lap it all up.

Are there any bloggers reading this that are proud of their new
laptop? You'd think it would be easy to spout a few untruths and
deceitful propagandist filth on a blog, but somehow I'm lacking
the moral ineptitude to do so.

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.
"Maybe politicians should ask the people whether
or not they wanted all these wars"...

Shane

Chris Wilkinson wrote:

> Microsoft should consider sending that simpleton an Acer Ferrari,
> for his part in furthering the FUD campaign. I don't doubt there
> are people stupid enough to lap it all up.
>
> Are there any bloggers reading this that are proud of their new
> laptop? You'd think it would be easy to spout a few untruths and
> deceitful propagandist filth on a blog, but somehow I'm lacking
> the moral ineptitude to do so.

I'm not so quick to lay blame at bloggers for taking the laptop offer.
I see it as an admission by Microsoft that Vista isnt for the PC's people
currently own. In order for Microsoft to get reviews of its new product it
had to send out that product on machines that could handle it. IOW
Microsoft knew that ye olde blogger wasn't likely to have the hardware
required to run Vista.
I also think it was a badly handled campaign by Microsoft (look at all the
negative feedback the campaign generated, along with the suspicion that the
reviews are 'tainted', which takes away the 'reviews from independent
bloggers' approach I think Microsoft was aiming for)

I do feel for the bloggers though, that now find themselves having to
explain their motivation for accepting an offer, in order to produce a
review they couldn't have produced without taking up the offer

Many bloggers will be thinking twice about accepting such offers in the
future (further evidence of a bad strategic move by Microsoft)

Peter Huebner

In article <eti0jr$g2g$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net says...

> I do feel for the bloggers though, that now find themselves having to
> explain their motivation for accepting an offer, in order to produce a
> review they couldn't have produced without taking up the offer
>
> Many bloggers will be thinking twice about accepting such offers in the
> future (further evidence of a bad strategic move by Microsoft)

Uh, I dunno. I am no great friend of Microsoft's business practices, nor of
some of their development philosophy, but I don't think I'd refuse if they
offered to gift me with a nice new shlepptop. After all, a gift horse and all
that <g>.
Would it soften me up? Oh, maybe for 5 minutes. Heh.

Mind you, there are _some_ people I wouldn't accept any gift from, and be it a
second hand teabag.

-Peter