Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ihug slow as

ihug slow as

Joy

Today ihug is slow as, anyone else having to put up with this?
Joy

Rhino

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:53:17 +1300, "Joy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Today ihug is slow as, anyone else having to put up with this?
>Joy

Working fine here in Auckland. I have just d/led a movie via usenet
at 1.9mbps on my 2mbps link.
Cheers, Rhino

GraB

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:53:17 +1300, "Joy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Today ihug is slow as, anyone else having to put up with this?
>Joy

I have been finding the same. Tell IHUG about it and they will tell
you to check YOUR settings.

The Other Guy

GraB wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:53:17 +1300, "Joy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Today ihug is slow as, anyone else having to put up with this?
>> Joy
>>

> I have been finding the same. Tell IHUG about it and they will tell
> you to check YOUR settings.

Good speed before 10am, crap speed from 10am onwards. At least it seems
like we currently can use our off peak quota. Not long ago over night
downloads were painfully slow.

The Other Guy

Craig Shore

GraB wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:53:17 +1300, "Joy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Today ihug is slow as, anyone else having to put up with this?
> > Joy
> >

> I have been finding the same. Tell IHUG about it and they will tell
> you to check YOUR settings.

It could be your exchange backhaul overloaded, and if it is there is
bugger all any isp can do about that.

GraB

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:43:51 +0000 (UTC), "Craig Shore"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>GraB wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:53:17 +1300, "Joy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > Today ihug is slow as, anyone else having to put up with this?
>> > Joy
>> >

>> I have been finding the same. Tell IHUG about it and they will tell
>> you to check YOUR settings.

>It could be your exchange backhaul overloaded, and if it is there is
>bugger all any isp can do about that.

That is what I had some time last year but after sending IHUG various
speedtest results, down to dial-up speed, they must have said
something to Telecom about it and I quickly found myself hitting 2600
kbps. I think I was shifted to a different DSlam.

But a week or so ago when the speed suddenly dropped again, IHUG was
insistent on me checking my settings. They gave me a site to test my
modem at but I have never managed to connect to it.