Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Can someone explain MergableProperty to me?

Can someone explain MergableProperty to me?

Ian

I've been doing some component development recently, and I'm confused
as to exactly what MergablePropertyAttribute does. The .NET docs say:

Properties that are marked with MergableProperty(true) can be combined
with properties belonging to other objects in a Properties window.
Properties that are marked with MergableProperty(false) must be
displayed separately. The default is true.

Does this mean that if you're working in a designer (say with ASP.NET
pages) and you select multiple controls on the designer and set the
property that the value will be assigned to that property on all the
selected controls if that property is not marked
MergableProperty(false)?

If this is not what this attribute does, can someone please tell me
what on God's green earth it does?

Thanks
Ian