Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Recovery cd for HP Pavillion

Recovery cd for HP Pavillion

bAZZ

Hi

I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
one from them. Not.

All I need are drivers and the like for an HP Pavillion 8028.Found what
I think are modem drivers but that is about it.

If anyone has an old one they would like to part with reasonably can
they drop me a line here please. Manuals would be good too. It was
running win95 and someone tried to upgrade it to xp and it barely went
LOL. I tried win98SE but it can't load drivers for modem/sound card and
graphics (amongst other things). It belongs to lady who just wants it
back way it was at little cost. Can't convince her to upgrade so she
wants her old HP back. Me personally it would be off to tip or kindy
etc. but she is detirmined to restore it how it was.

Thanks

bAZZ

J.Wilson

"bAZZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...

> Hi
>
> I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
> Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
> one from them. Not.

You could try tapping F10 while the machine boots. Asystem restore file
might
be on the hard drive.

Jerry

bAZZ wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
> Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
> one from them. Not.
>
> All I need are drivers and the like for an HP Pavillion 8028.Found what
> I think are modem drivers but that is about it.
>
> If anyone has an old one they would like to part with reasonably can
> they drop me a line here please. Manuals would be good too. It was
> running win95 and someone tried to upgrade it to xp and it barely went
> LOL. I tried win98SE but it can't load drivers for modem/sound card and
> graphics (amongst other things). It belongs to lady who just wants it
> back way it was at little cost. Can't convince her to upgrade so she
> wants her old HP back. Me personally it would be off to tip or kindy
> etc. but she is detirmined to restore it how it was.
>
> Thanks
>
> bAZZ

I can check at work if you can wait until next week. Might be able to
burn you a copy if I have one

Jerry

J.Wilson wrote:

> "bAZZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
>> Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
>> one from them. Not.

> You could try tapping F10 while the machine boots. Asystem restore file
> might
> be on the hard drive.

Not on a machine as old as the 8028, there is a recovery CD, then you
will need to enter the windows key. Do you have the windows book with
the key?

bAZZ

In article <es8jk2$uo0$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> "bAZZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
> > Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
> > one from them. Not.

> You could try tapping F10 while the machine boots. Asystem restore file
> might
> be on the hard drive.

I'll have a look at that option when I go back next week. Somehow I
think that it is only poss with CD restore but will give it a go.

Thanks
bAZZ

E. Scrooge

"bAZZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...

> Hi
>
> I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
> Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
> one from them. Not.
>
> All I need are drivers and the like for an HP Pavillion 8028.Found what
> I think are modem drivers but that is about it.
>
> If anyone has an old one they would like to part with reasonably can
> they drop me a line here please. Manuals would be good too. It was
> running win95 and someone tried to upgrade it to xp and it barely went
> LOL. I tried win98SE but it can't load drivers for modem/sound card and
> graphics (amongst other things). It belongs to lady who just wants it
> back way it was at little cost. Can't convince her to upgrade so she
> wants her old HP back. Me personally it would be off to tip or kindy
> etc. but she is detirmined to restore it how it was.
>
> Thanks
>
> bAZZ

Can this great miracle worker also turn steel into gold as well?

Can't be much to expect if she thinks she can bring a died HP PC back from
the dead.

For less than what she paid for the thing if she's had it since new, she
could have a new much better PC running XP with nice big new monitor.
Tell her the new PC will be more secure and won't have the deadly HP virus
if she makes the right choice

Good luck.

E. Scrooge

bAZZ

In article <45e7d2ec$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> bAZZ wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
> > Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
> > one from them. Not.
> >
> > All I need are drivers and the like for an HP Pavillion 8028.Found what
> > I think are modem drivers but that is about it.
> >
> > If anyone has an old one they would like to part with reasonably can
> > they drop me a line here please. Manuals would be good too. It was
> > running win95 and someone tried to upgrade it to xp and it barely went
> > LOL. I tried win98SE but it can't load drivers for modem/sound card and
> > graphics (amongst other things). It belongs to lady who just wants it
> > back way it was at little cost. Can't convince her to upgrade so she
> > wants her old HP back. Me personally it would be off to tip or kindy
> > etc. but she is detirmined to restore it how it was.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > bAZZ

> I can check at work if you can wait until next week. Might be able to
> burn you a copy if I have one

Thanks. I could wait. I'm really not keen to even go back but have
promised <g>. You know one of those silly off the cuff promises " hell I
can do it, can't be that hard". Famous last words.

Thanks.
bAZZ

Robert Cooze

bAZZ wrote:
> In article <45e7d2ec$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
>> bAZZ wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
>>> Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
>>> one from them. Not.
>>>
>>> All I need are drivers and the like for an HP Pavillion 8028.Found what
>>> I think are modem drivers but that is about it.
>>>
>>> If anyone has an old one they would like to part with reasonably can
>>> they drop me a line here please. Manuals would be good too. It was
>>> running win95 and someone tried to upgrade it to xp and it barely went
>>> LOL. I tried win98SE but it can't load drivers for modem/sound card and
>>> graphics (amongst other things). It belongs to lady who just wants it
>>> back way it was at little cost. Can't convince her to upgrade so she
>>> wants her old HP back. Me personally it would be off to tip or kindy
>>> etc. but she is detirmined to restore it how it was.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> bAZZ

>> I can check at work if you can wait until next week. Might be able to
>> burn you a copy if I have one
>>

> Thanks. I could wait. I'm really not keen to even go back but have
> promised <g>. You know one of those silly off the cuff promises " hell I
> can do it, can't be that hard". Famous last words.
>
> Thanks.
> bAZZ

Yep Been there done that never make off the cuff promises again! I ask
them to ring up the place they bought it from or any support numbers
they got with it much less hassle.

Jerry

Robert Cooze wrote:
> bAZZ wrote:
>> In article <45e7d2ec$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>> says...

>>> I can check at work if you can wait until next week. Might be able to
>>> burn you a copy if I have one
>>>

>> Thanks. I could wait. I'm really not keen to even go back but have
>> promised <g>. You know one of those silly off the cuff promises " hell I
>> can do it, can't be that hard". Famous last words.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> bAZZ

> Yep Been there done that never make off the cuff promises again! I ask
> them to ring up the place they bought it from or any support numbers
> they got with it much less hassle.

They aren't going to be interested in helping you with a 10 year old
computer.

bAZZ

In article <45e7d704$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> J.Wilson wrote:
> >
> > "bAZZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> >>
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
> >> Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
> >> one from them. Not.

> > You could try tapping F10 while the machine boots. Asystem restore file
> > might
> > be on the hard drive.

> Not on a machine as old as the 8028, there is a recovery CD, then you
> will need to enter the windows key. Do you have the windows book with
> the key?

Probably not .
I'll have to check when I go back next week. I think there might be but
can't remember off hand.

bAZZ