Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Some days........

Some days........

thingy

I get this email into the postmaster email box......

"Hello,
I have a business an it runs upon my email which is blocked.
I was just wondering if I could get another Ip address or if you could
tell me how to unblock as it is needed.
You could ring on 021xxxxxxxxx or email me at
Thank you for your time"

Ok,

So I decide to bite, as its a NZ mobile number. Rather than email and
give out my "real" email address, I ring this guy as I am the postmaster
for my site....

The conversation goes along the lines of,

Hi, postmaster can you un-block me please I cannot send mail to any
where.....

Me> Ok so you are trying to send email into my site?

No anywhere....I cannot send to anywhere.....

Me> OK so from inside my site?

No, No, I am on "xxxxx"

Me>Why do you need me if its not for my site?

Because you are the postmaster, I was spamming but now I have
stopped....can you fix it please?

Me> no.....this is nothing to do with me.....good bye....

ROTFL.....oh my chest hurts....like duh.......

regards

Thing

Rob

"thingy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I get this email into the postmaster email box......
>
> "Hello,
> I have a business an it runs upon my email which is blocked.
> I was just wondering if I could get another Ip address or if you could
> tell me how to unblock as it is needed.
> You could ring on 021xxxxxxxxx or email me at
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Thank you for your time"
>
> Ok,
>
> So I decide to bite, as its a NZ mobile number. Rather than email and give
> out my "real" email address, I ring this guy as I am the postmaster for my
> site....
>
> The conversation goes along the lines of,
>
> Hi, postmaster can you un-block me please I cannot send mail to any
> where.....
>
> Me> Ok so you are trying to send email into my site?
>
> No anywhere....I cannot send to anywhere.....
>
> Me> OK so from inside my site?
>
> No, No, I am on "xxxxx"
>
> Me>Why do you need me if its not for my site?
>
> Because you are the postmaster, I was spamming but now I have
> stopped....can you fix it please?
>
> Me> no.....this is nothing to do with me.....good bye....
>

> ROTFL.....oh my chest hurts....like duh.......
>
> regards
>
> Thing

All it costs you is your time and mobile phone number. I would ahve
blacklisted them.

Dave Taylor

thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:v67va4-019.ln1
@news.vuw.ac.nz:

> I get this email into the postmaster email box......
>
> "Hello,
> I have a business an it runs upon my email which is blocked.
> I was just wondering if I could get another Ip address or if you could
> tell me how to unblock as it is needed.
> You could ring on 021xxxxxxxxx or email me at
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Thank you for your time"
>
> Ok,
>
> So I decide to bite, as its a NZ mobile number. Rather than email and
> give out my "real" email address, I ring this guy as I am the

postmaster
> for my site....
>
> The conversation goes along the lines of,
>
> Hi, postmaster can you un-block me please I cannot send mail to any
> where.....
>
> Me> Ok so you are trying to send email into my site?
>
> No anywhere....I cannot send to anywhere.....
>
> Me> OK so from inside my site?
>
> No, No, I am on "xxxxx"
>
> Me>Why do you need me if its not for my site?
>
> Because you are the postmaster, I was spamming but now I have
> stopped....can you fix it please?
>
> Me> no.....this is nothing to do with me.....good bye....
>

> ROTFL.....oh my chest hurts....like duh.......
>
> regards
>
> Thing

OMFG, I hope that user has a static IP and some big charge to change it
as a lesson learned. Idiots.

--
Ciao, Dave

CM

On 22 Feb, 17:13, Dave Taylor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:v67va4-019.ln1
> @news.vuw.ac.nz:
>

> > I get this email into the postmaster email box......

> > "Hello,
> > I have a business an it runs upon my email which is blocked.
> > I was just wondering if I could get another Ip address or if you could
> > tell me how to unblock as it is needed.
> > You could ring on 021xxxxxxxxx or email me at
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> > Thank you for your time"

> > Ok,

> > So I decide to bite, as its a NZ mobile number. Rather than email and
> > give out my "real" email address, I ring this guy as I am the

> postmaster
> > for my site....

> > The conversation goes along the lines of,

> > Hi, postmaster can you un-block me please I cannot send mail to any
> > where.....

> > Me> Ok so you are trying to send email into my site?

> > No anywhere....I cannot send to anywhere.....

> > Me> OK so from inside my site?

> > No, No, I am on "xxxxx"

> > Me>Why do you need me if its not for my site?

> > Because you are the postmaster, I was spamming but now I have
> > stopped....can you fix it please?

> > Me> no.....this is nothing to do with me.....good bye....

> > ROTFL.....oh my chest hurts....like duh.......

> > regards

> > Thing

> OMFG, I hope that user has a static IP and some big charge to change it
> as a lesson learned. Idiots.
>
> --
> Ciao, Dave- Hide quoted text -

How do you find out if you've got a static IP address?

Dianthus Mimulus

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:43:25 -0800, CM wrote:

> How do you find out if you've got a static IP address?

you ask your ISP if they have given you a static IP address.

Usually they haven't

--
Dianthus Mimulus

Microsoft's business practises exposed in court:
http://www.maxframe.com/DR/Info/full...#_Toc447960918

Nicolaas Hawkins

On 23 Feb 2007 19:43:25 -0800, CM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com>:

> On 22 Feb, 17:13, Dave Taylor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:v67va4-019.ln1
>> @news.vuw.ac.nz:
>>

>>> I get this email into the postmaster email box......

>>> "Hello,
>>> I have a business an it runs upon my email which is blocked.
>>> I was just wondering if I could get another Ip address or if you could
>>> tell me how to unblock as it is needed.
>>> You could ring on 021xxxxxxxxx or email me at
>>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>> Thank you for your time"

>>> Ok,

>>> So I decide to bite, as its a NZ mobile number. Rather than email and
>>> give out my "real" email address, I ring this guy as I am the

>> postmaster
>>> for my site....

>>> The conversation goes along the lines of,

>>> Hi, postmaster can you un-block me please I cannot send mail to any
>>> where.....

>>> No anywhere....I cannot send to anywhere.....

>>> No, No, I am on "xxxxx"

>>> Because you are the postmaster, I was spamming but now I have
>>> stopped....can you fix it please?

>>> ROTFL.....oh my chest hurts....like duh.......

>>> regards

>>> Thing

>> OMFG, I hope that user has a static IP and some big charge to change it
>> as a lesson learned. Idiots.
>>
>> --
>> Ciao, Dave- Hide quoted text -

> How do you find out if you've got a static IP address?

Finger it and see if you get zapped?

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

.... Smart men solve problems. Wise men avoid them.

Jerry

Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
> On 23 Feb 2007 19:43:25 -0800, CM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> <news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com>:
>
>> On 22 Feb, 17:13, Dave Taylor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:v67va4-019.ln1
>>> @news.vuw.ac.nz:

>>> postmaster
>>> OMFG, I hope that user has a static IP and some big charge to change it
>>> as a lesson learned. Idiots.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ciao, Dave- Hide quoted text -

>> How do you find out if you've got a static IP address?

> Finger it and see if you get zapped?

I fingered mine once and it slapped me

Nicolaas Hawkins

)

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

.... Pass not thine flatus in a place of worship.

thingy

CM wrote:
> On 22 Feb, 17:13, Dave Taylor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:v67va4-019.ln1
>> @news.vuw.ac.nz:
>>

>>> I get this email into the postmaster email box......
>>> "Hello,
>>> I have a business an it runs upon my email which is blocked.
>>> I was just wondering if I could get another Ip address or if you could
>>> tell me how to unblock as it is needed.
>>> You could ring on 021xxxxxxxxx or email me at
>>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>> Thank you for your time"
>>> Ok,
>>> So I decide to bite, as its a NZ mobile number. Rather than email and
>>> give out my "real" email address, I ring this guy as I am the

>> postmaster
>>> for my site....
>>> The conversation goes along the lines of,
>>> Hi, postmaster can you un-block me please I cannot send mail to any
>>> where.....
>>> No anywhere....I cannot send to anywhere.....
>>> No, No, I am on "xxxxx"
>>> Because you are the postmaster, I was spamming but now I have
>>> stopped....can you fix it please?
>>> ROTFL.....oh my chest hurts....like duh.......
>>> regards
>>> Thing

>> OMFG, I hope that user has a static IP and some big charge to change it
>> as a lesson learned. Idiots.
>>
>> --
>> Ciao, Dave- Hide quoted text -

> How do you find out if you've got a static IP address?

Usually you have to ask your ISP, and usually they charge like a wounded
bull for the 2 minutes of work it takes....and it is often per
month....its known as value add.....value add for the ISP
anyway....things like caller ID, blocking 0900 numbers, providing DNS
service etc all cost the ISP/Telco virtually nothing yet they use that
opportunity to over-charge and do it per month.....

regards

Thing