Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Using Crystal Reports to generate PDF files in an ASP.NET application

Using Crystal Reports to generate PDF files in an ASP.NET application

Richard Lister

Hello,

I need my ASP.NET application to generate a few PDF documents, such as
Purchase Orders, Payment Receipts etc.

I thought one easy way to do it might be to use Crystal Reports which
I know can export generated reports to PDF files.

Does anyone know if the license that comes free with Visual Studio
covers me for using it in a web application that generates these PDF's
on the fly and then either displays them to the user, or attaches them
to an outgoing email?

I've had a look around usenet and seen a few references to possible
restrictions or licensing limitations in Crystal Reports for Visual
Studio .NET, but no conclusive answers.

Thanks,

Richard