Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xtra's Go Large Fair Use Policy

Xtra's Go Large Fair Use Policy

Diogenes

I've just learnt that I've an ip address beginning 125. Does that
range mean I'm for sure in the pit?

~misfit~

Diogenes wrote:
> I've just learnt that I've an ip address beginning 125. Does that
> range mean I'm for sure in the pit?

Yes.
--
Shaun.

whoisthis

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"Diogenes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I've just learnt that I've an ip address beginning 125. Does that
> range mean I'm for sure in the pit?

LOL, well I was with Xtra too and never used more than 8-9G a month but
the "as fast as your line will allow" speed was between 74-82kb/s, ie
not much faster the dial up.

I am on an Orcon plan and I am getting 2Mb/s.

Xtra/Relecom suck.

iascoot

my partner is on go large, and her IP address has ALWAYS been in the
125.* range

she never downloads more than 700mb between 4pm and 12

Diogenes

On Feb 12, 6:53 pm, "iascoot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> my partner is on go large, and her IP address has ALWAYS been in the
> 125.* range
>
> she never downloads more than 700mb between 4pm and 12

I can't seem to find that XTRA reference to 700MB in that timeslot.
Has it really vanished? URL someone?

iascoot

i dont know if they actually list that figure on the site , but it was
a number thats been mentioned in the past

David

iascoot wrote:
> i dont know if they actually list that figure on the site , but it was
> a number thats been mentioned in the past

it's gone. now it's just anyone they deem as a heavy user.

Craig Whitmore

news:45d04296$(E-Mail Removed)...
> iascoot wrote:
>> i dont know if they actually list that figure on the site , but it was
>> a number thats been mentioned in the past
>>

> it's gone. now it's just anyone they deem as a heavy user.

The 700M limit was removed on the 1st Jan 2007 as far as I could tell.

Thanks
Craig

whoisthis

In article <45d04296$(E-Mail Removed)>, David <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> iascoot wrote:
> > i dont know if they actually list that figure on the site , but it was
> > a number thats been mentioned in the past
> >

> it's gone. now it's just anyone they deem as a heavy user.

ie everyone.

Miguel

On Feb 13, 7:18 am, "Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The 700M limit was removed on the 1st Jan 2007 as far as I could tell.

FWIW, it's still mentioned on the Actrix website (scroll to the bottom
of the page)......

http://www.actrix.co.nz/domestic/hig...fo.php#golarge

Maybe the page hasn't been updated. It's possible cos us Actrix Go
Largers are the pariahs of the Actrix network. We're pretty much stuck
in a corner and ignored.

I'm going to get a t-shirt which says "125.***.***.*** and proud of
it ".

FTR, if anyone's interested, browsing sucks (dial-up speed), streaming
sucks (have to cache, then watch/listen), I don't game but guess it
would suck, no problems with email or nntp or p2p (90% of my usage).
Running 24/7 with zero drop connections since last November (typical
for Actrix) 1.5 to 2.5 GB up/down per day. Still a bargain at $50.

Regards
Miguel