Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: ASPNET Session ending before time

Re: ASPNET Session ending before time

Thomas Bindzau

> Hi,
>
> I have a web app that uses session variables. I'm using outproc
> session management (state server) and have set the session timeout to
> 30 minutes.
>
> For some reason, after a period smaller that 30 mins, the session ends
> unexpectedly.
>
> Does anybody know the reason for this ??
>
> Thanks alot,
> TG

Where did you set the session timeout? The setting in the IIS console
is overridden by the
<sessionState timeout> value in machine.config and web.config files. I
think default is normally 20 mins.

/Thomas