Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > New Yorkers fined for listening to MP3 players?

New Yorkers fined for listening to MP3 players?

Mathew Good

It can only happen in the USA..

http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.p...=13738&catid=6

Sharkwtfc

"Mathew Good" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> It can only happen in the USA..
>
> http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.p...=13738&catid=6

But they should ban the arseholes from using their phones while driving and
also all GPS navigation systems until they can program them with the right
hand rule!

--
Sharkwtfc

Zipper

Sharkwtfc wrote:
> "Mathew Good" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> It can only happen in the USA..
>>
>> http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.p...=13738&catid=6

> But they should ban the arseholes from using their phones while driving and
> also all GPS navigation systems until they can program them with the right
> hand rule!

The right hand rule should be removed, it is a stupid rule and we must
be the only country that has it and it seems a lot of NZ'ers don't even
grasp the idea of giving way to the right, especially when they are on a
"main road" and think that gives them right of way if they are turning
right into a smaller road and a car is turning right out of the smaller
road.

Defintely ban cellphone usage while driving though, it's amazing how
common that is now and amazing how bad some people are at driving while
talking on their phones.

Sharkwtfc

"Zipper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sharkwtfc wrote:
>> "Mathew Good" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>

>>> It can only happen in the USA..
>>>
>>> http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.p...=13738&catid=6

>> But they should ban the arseholes from using their phones while driving
>> and also all GPS navigation systems until they can program them with the
>> right hand rule!
>>

> The right hand rule should be removed, it is a stupid rule and we must be
> the only country that has it and it seems a lot of NZ'ers don't even grasp
> the idea of giving way to the right, especially when they are on a "main
> road" and think that gives them right of way if they are turning right
> into a smaller road and a car is turning right out of the smaller road.

Yep, all possibly fair comment but at the moment it is the law. Abolish it
or enforce it. And ensure that the GPS makers know what it is also!

--
Sharkwtfc

Rupert

How can a GPS systems route finding be to blame for the right hand rule? It
has no idea whether there are cars there or not, it just tells you to make
the turn. Fair enough it should know if the road is one way or not, but no
more than that.

"Sharkwtfc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45cbc12d$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Mathew Good" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> It can only happen in the USA..
>>
>> http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.p...=13738&catid=6

> But they should ban the arseholes from using their phones while driving
> and also all GPS navigation systems until they can program them with the
> right hand rule!
>

> --
> Sharkwtfc

Sharkwtfc

"Rupert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can a GPS systems route finding be to blame for the right hand rule?
> It has no idea whether there are cars there or not, it just tells you to
> make the turn. Fair enough it should know if the road is one way or not,
> but no more than that.

The guy I had the stand up with told me his GPS told him that he had right
of way.

--
Sharkwtfc

Don Hills

In article <45cbe097$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Sharkwtfc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The guy I had the stand up with told me his GPS told him that he had right
>of way.

I don't know why people have trouble with the rule - it's actually more
consistent and less confusing than that of many other countries.

First, you establish priority - for example, if you're on a stop/give way
and the other person isn't, you give way and vice versa. Or if only one of
you is crossing the centre line, the one not crossing has priority. This is
the same for all countries, as far as I know.

Once you've established that you both have equal priority, you look at the
position of the other vehicle. If you were to collide, would their vehicle
hit your vehicle on your (driver's) side? If so, you give way.

In short, if they can hit your (driver's) door, you give way to them.
One rule, no exceptions, unlike in some other countries.

preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

Jamie Kahn Genet

Mathew Good <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It can only happen in the USA..
>
> http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.p...=13738&catid=6

LMFAO! How ****ing dumb can you get? Let's just wrap the entire world in
foam rubber and have done with it

Sharkwtfc

"Don Hills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <45cbe097$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Sharkwtfc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>The guy I had the stand up with told me his GPS told him that he had right
>>of way.

> I don't know why people have trouble with the rule - it's actually more
> consistent and less confusing than that of many other countries.
>
> First, you establish priority - for example, if you're on a stop/give way
> and the other person isn't, you give way and vice versa. Or if only one of
> you is crossing the centre line, the one not crossing has priority. This
> is
> the same for all countries, as far as I know.
>
> Once you've established that you both have equal priority, you look at the
> position of the other vehicle. If you were to collide, would their vehicle
> hit your vehicle on your (driver's) side? If so, you give way.
>
> In short, if they can hit your (driver's) door, you give way to them.
> One rule, no exceptions, unlike in some other countries.

Yep.

--
Sharkwtfc

Mathew Good

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 22:40:02 +1200, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Don Hills) wrote:

>In article <45cbe097$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>"Sharkwtfc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>The guy I had the stand up with told me his GPS told him that he had right
>>of way.

>I don't know why people have trouble with the rule - it's actually more
>consistent and less confusing than that of many other countries.
>
>First, you establish priority - for example, if you're on a stop/give way
>and the other person isn't, you give way and vice versa. Or if only one of
>you is crossing the centre line, the one not crossing has priority. This is
>the same for all countries, as far as I know.
>
>Once you've established that you both have equal priority, you look at the
>position of the other vehicle. If you were to collide, would their vehicle
>hit your vehicle on your (driver's) side? If so, you give way.
>
>In short, if they can hit your (driver's) door, you give way to them.
>One rule, no exceptions, unlike in some other countries.

Yes a NZ Stupid Rule and cause many accidents..

I am referring to the one turning left and you have to give way to the other car tuning also into
your left lane..

In most cases that I have seen the car behind you when you are turning left tries to over take you
or pass around you thus breaking the Law..

You can only do that if there are separate lanes..