Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Need new phone

Need new phone

Richard

~misfit~ wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>> ~misfit~ wrote:
>>
>>> Sounds interesting. However, my last 5 phones have all been Nokia
>>> and I think I'll try to continue that trend if at all possible. I
>>> don't want anything other than a call phone that does SMS and has
>>> an alarm function. You know, sort of like the 1100. Clam-shell
>>> would be nice as the screen/keypad would be protected in my pocket
>>> from the vagaries of keys... Can't have everything.

>> Dont forget that the nokia 1100 is "crap" because its got that nasty
>> battery depleting flashlight that is so easy to turn on by accident.

> LOL. I've had a couple of 1100's now and I've *never* turned the flashlight
> on by accident. Not once.
>
>> I prefer non flip phones since they are usually thicker, the exception
>> being the v3 motorazr - shame that vodafone are only giving away the
>> cheapened up plasticy fat v3x...

> You like thick phones? I carry mine in my pocket and I like it to be as
> unobtrusive as possible. Therefore thin is good.

no, I meant that the flip phones are usually thicker, that is a hazard
of typing when tired.

Richard

jasen wrote:
> On 2007-02-08, ~misfit~ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Why have green/red when just one button will do?

> call waiting.

A menu appears on mine to either end the call, swap the call or reject
the new call. doesnt get clearer then that. If a call comes in and I
press the red button, what happens?

jasen

On 2007-02-13, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> jasen wrote:
>> On 2007-02-08, ~misfit~ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Why have green/red when just one button will do?

>> call waiting.

> A menu appears on mine to either end the call, swap the call or reject
> the new call. doesnt get clearer then that. If a call comes in and I
> press the red button, what happens?

hmm... I think it hangs the current call up.

point taken.

I had an old motorola "startac" and I couldn't get call waiting to work on it....

Bye.
Jasen