Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > I'm scrounging on behalf of

I'm scrounging on behalf of

k9nick

a class of intellectually disabled adults that my partner teaches here
in Franklin.

Due to budget constraints money isn't exactly forthcoming in her
area. partner teaches these adults to become as independent as
possible in society.

Here's me scrounge. Their present computer is an old pc that will not
run on anything greater than windows 95. I know I know. Old eh.

Anyone have a pc that will run windows 2k or even xp that might
otherwise be a disposable ? The intellectually disabled crowd in
Franklin would make good use of it. Thanks

Auckland or franklin area would be great.

peterwn

On Feb 7, 7:22 am, "k9nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> a class of intellectually disabled adults that my partner teaches here
> in Franklin.
>
> Auckland or franklin area would be great.

Just a thought - ask local Rotary, Lions, etc - one of their members
may be able to obtain a surplus workplace computer.

Peter Huebner

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> a class of intellectually disabled adults that my partner teaches here
> in Franklin.
>
> Due to budget constraints money isn't exactly forthcoming in her
> area. partner teaches these adults to become as independent as
> possible in society.
>
> Here's me scrounge. Their present computer is an old pc that will not
> run on anything greater than windows 95. I know I know. Old eh.
>
> Anyone have a pc that will run windows 2k or even xp that might
> otherwise be a disposable ? The intellectually disabled crowd in
> Franklin would make good use of it. Thanks
>
> Auckland or franklin area would be great.

Not in Auckland. My neighbour is about to dispose of his old machine.
If you don't get anything satisfactory close to home, get back to me
and I'll mention it to him.

-P. (note, my email is not in the header, it's in the .sig)

k9nick

On Feb 7, 10:29 pm, Peter Huebner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>

> > a class of intellectually disabled adults that my partner teaches here
> > in Franklin.

> > Due to budget constraints money isn't exactly forthcoming in her
> > area. partner teaches these adults to become as independent as
> > possible in society.

> > Here's me scrounge. Their present computer is an old pc that will not
> > run on anything greater than windows 95. I know I know. Old eh.

> > Anyone have a pc that will run windows 2k or even xp that might
> > otherwise be a disposable ? The intellectually disabled crowd in
> > Franklin would make good use of it. Thanks

> > Auckland or franklin area would be great.

> Not in Auckland. My neighbour is about to dispose of his old machine.
> If you don't get anything satisfactory close to home, get back to me
> and I'll mention it to him.
>
> -P. (note, my email is not in the header, it's in the .sig)

> firstname dot lastname at gmail fullstop com

hey peter. dont where your neighbour is but things can be arranged.

my email is (E-Mail Removed) so please, do write and see what can be
arranged.

thanks

Peter Huebner

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Feb 7, 10:29 pm, Peter Huebner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...

> hey peter. dont where your neighbour is but things can be arranged.
>
> my email is (E-Mail Removed) so please, do write and see what can be
> arranged.
>
> thanks

Hi, I've given him your email, and he'll be in touch. His name is Bill Keir.

cheers, -P.

Send on behalf of pholony MCSE 6 09-11-2008 04:50 PM
MCSBNGP+++ Public apology on behalf of Frisbee(R) (with bonus self-deprecation) /* MCSBNGP+++ #270-290-291-293-294-298-299# */ MCSE 21 07-29-2005 05:09 PM
Scrounging for WIN32OLE <--> MS-Excel Examples dhtapp Ruby 2 11-12-2003 06:20 AM

Advertisments