Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Changing default Inbox

Changing default Inbox

Lindsay Rollo

I've just set up OE.

I've a number of message rules to direct emails to specific folders.

Somehow, all messages not covered by rules are being directed to one of my
'rules' folders instead of being directed to the Inbox.

Haven't found anything on Google that covers this point.

Where do I change the default storage of the non-ruled messages back to the
Inbox.

--
Lindsay Rollo
lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

impossible

"Lindsay Rollo" <lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just set up OE.
>
> I've a number of message rules to direct emails to specific folders.
>
> Somehow, all messages not covered by rules are being directed to one
> of my 'rules' folders instead of being directed to the Inbox.
>
> Haven't found anything on Google that covers this point.
>
> Where do I change the default storage of the non-ruled messages back
> to the Inbox.

Tools | Options | Maintenance...then click Store Folder to specify an
Inbox location.

Lindsay Rollo

"impossible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> "Lindsay Rollo" <lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tools | Options | Maintenance...then click Store Folder to specify an
> Inbox location.

I don't want to change the location of the stores messages.

I just want any messages not covered by the rules to be placed in my
Inbox. At the moment all non-rules messages are going to a one of my
nominated folders.

PeeCee

"Lindsay Rollo" <lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just set up OE.
>
> I've a number of message rules to direct emails to specific folders.
>
> Somehow, all messages not covered by rules are being directed to one of my
> 'rules' folders instead of being directed to the Inbox.
>
> Haven't found anything on Google that covers this point.
>
> Where do I change the default storage of the non-ruled messages back to
> the Inbox.
>

> --
> Lindsay Rollo
> lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

Lindsay

The 'default' storage is all ways the 'inbox'
Most likely one of your 'rules' is the cause of the problem.
For example have a look for a rule that has 'For all messages' ticked in the
conditions box.
Otherwise carefully review the 'logic' of your rules for something that has
that effect.

If you want to test a rule you might think is the culprit you can deactivate
any rule by going Tools/Message Rules and unticking the box beside the
rule(s) you want to disable.

Be interested to know the rule 'logic' that caused the problem.

Best
Paul.

Lindsay Rollo

"PeeCee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:eq8gjt$rsv$(E-Mail Removed)...

> The 'default' storage is all ways the 'inbox'
> Most likely one of your 'rules' is the cause of the problem.
> For example have a look for a rule that has 'For all messages' ticked in
> the conditions box.
> Otherwise carefully review the 'logic' of your rules for something that
> has that effect.
>
> If you want to test a rule you might think is the culprit you can
> deactivate any rule by going Tools/Message Rules and unticking the box
> beside the rule(s) you want to disable.
>
> Be interested to know the rule 'logic' that caused the problem.
>
> Best
> Paul.

Paul:

Have checked all message rules and cannot find one that includes 'For all
Messages'.
However, have taken you advice and isolated the 'From' rules that has been
receiving the diverted messages.
Will report progress

PeeCee

"Lindsay Rollo" <lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz> wrote in message
news:45c7dd70$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "PeeCee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:eq8gjt$rsv$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> The 'default' storage is all ways the 'inbox'
>> Most likely one of your 'rules' is the cause of the problem.
>> For example have a look for a rule that has 'For all messages' ticked in
>> the conditions box.
>> Otherwise carefully review the 'logic' of your rules for something that
>> has that effect.
>>
>> If you want to test a rule you might think is the culprit you can
>> deactivate any rule by going Tools/Message Rules and unticking the box
>> beside the rule(s) you want to disable.
>>
>> Be interested to know the rule 'logic' that caused the problem.
>>
>> Best
>> Paul.
>>

> Paul:
>
> Have checked all message rules and cannot find one that includes 'For all
> Messages'.
> However, have taken you advice and isolated the 'From' rules that has been
> receiving the diverted messages.
> Will report progress

Thanks Lindsay.

Paul.