Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > homebrew Playstation 2?

homebrew Playstation 2?

Craig Sutton

Is there anything fun that can be downloaded and burnt to cd or dvd to run
on an unmodified Playstation 2?

Would be nice if I could dump my mame roms onto a dvd and run Mame for Ps2?

bAZZ

In article <epv37f$63k$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Is there anything fun that can be downloaded and burnt to cd or dvd to run
> on an unmodified Playstation 2?
>
> Would be nice if I could dump my mame roms onto a dvd and run Mame for Ps2?

Hi Craig

I dunno if I am correct but I *think* there are some kind of softmod
much like the xbox ones you can do. I only know cos I was asked by a ps2
owner about it when he saw all mods on our xboxs. While there were tons
of modchips and addon hdd mods there were a couple of mods that didn't
involve opening the box. I never took alot of notice but remember they
were at some of the bigger sites that are game related. Maybe afterdawn
would be a good starting point. I do know on some of the bigger sites I
visit there are alot of ps2 related stuff but I usually bypass it in
favour of xbox stuff. Try googling ps2 softmod or similar maybe ? Seems
there are a few. Watch the wrap.

http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourc...nt-ff&ie=UTF-8
&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-39,GGGL:en&q=ps2+softmod

HTH
Bazz