Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > TVOut from laptop

TVOut from laptop

will

hi,

i have an old laptop which i would like to use for playing video files
to a TV.

this laptop doesn't have TVOut port, only VGA, PCMCIA and USB.

what's the best way to achieve what i want to do?

thanks

will.

Southern Kiwi

will wrote:
> hi,
> i have an old laptop which i would like to use for playing video files
> to a TV.
> this laptop doesn't have TVOut port, only VGA, PCMCIA and USB.
> what's the best way to achieve what i want to do?
> thanks
> will.

What make and model of TV do you have? this will define your options.
For instance, my Panasonic can take a VGA input, so I can just "plug and
play"
You could get a PCMIA card with just about any output you desire

--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi

Word of wisdom from high in the mountains....you know...like a
Guru...but not as old....or mystic......or wise....or high...

Mark C

"will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> i have an old laptop which i would like to use for playing video
> files to a TV.
>
> this laptop doesn't have TVOut port, only VGA, PCMCIA and USB.

I have one of these:
http://www.dynalink.co.nz/multimedia...tm?prod=VDE100
.... which works (but has some problems).

You plug the VGA out into it, and a USB cable (for power) and it
provides S-Video and Composite output to the TV.

Problems with it:
- Using any of the Zoom or picture position controls causes the sync
to be lost and the TV picture goes to crap.
- After a while the picture starts waving about (can be minimised by
using the remote to reduce the picture width).

You could try one of these:
http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto...product/XH8624
http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto...product/XH4624
.... and if they don't work, send it back to DSE.
(IIRC, the XH4624 unit is possibly related to the VDE100.)

HTH,
Mark

TV Tuner + TVOut will NZ Computing 0 11-23-2005 12:34 AM
Work Laptop (XP Pro in Domain) to Home Laptop (XPH WorkGroup) =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQy4=?= Wireless Networking 1 10-22-2004 10:18 PM
9800pro and tvout, cowboyz NZ Computing 0 05-13-2004 08:57 PM

Advertisments