Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Paymate Express

Paymate Express

brazen

Hi there,

I have a customer who wants to cut their website costs and ditch the
thieving bank/credit card company. I've come across Paymate which
apparently processes cc payments for a flat fee of 3% (much better than
12% & monthly fee Eftpos is currently charging).

Has anyone else used this for a website - any problems. Yes its manual
processing, but thats no change from the current situation and ok for a
small volume of transactions. Anyone recommend it or have anything bad
to say about it?

Can the seller use Paymate to put through transactions, rather than the
purchaser? ie do they have to have that c card 3 digit code from the
back of the card? There doesnt seem to be anywhere on the site where
you can test it.

Cheers

Gay

brazen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a customer who wants to cut their website costs and ditch the
> thieving bank/credit card company. I've come across Paymate which
> apparently processes cc payments for a flat fee of 3% (much better than
> 12% & monthly fee Eftpos is currently charging).
>
> Has anyone else used this for a website - any problems. Yes its manual
> processing, but thats no change from the current situation and ok for a
> small volume of transactions. Anyone recommend it or have anything bad
> to say about it?
>
> Can the seller use Paymate to put through transactions, rather than the
> purchaser? ie do they have to have that c card 3 digit code from the
> back of the card? There doesnt seem to be anywhere on the site where
> you can test it.
>
> Cheers
>
> Gay

Hi Gay,

Have you read
http://www.paymate.com.au/help/nzhel...hsection=sell2 ?

It is linked off the front page of http://www.paymate.co.nz/ in the
"Sell more with Paymate" box as "Sell on a Website".

It is very informative and tells you precisely what you can expect them
to offer with regards to the process of integrating their service with
your website.

brazen

On Jan 25, 5:52 pm, k <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> brazen wrote:
> > Hi there,

> > I have a customer who wants to cut their website costs and ditch the
> > thieving bank/credit card company. I've come across Paymate which
> > apparently processes cc payments for a flat fee of 3% (much better than
> > 12% & monthly fee Eftpos is currently charging).

> > Has anyone else used this for a website - any problems. Yes its manual
> > processing, but thats no change from the current situation and ok for a
> > small volume of transactions. Anyone recommend it or have anything bad
> > to say about it?

> > Can the seller use Paymate to put through transactions, rather than the
> > purchaser? ie do they have to have that c card 3 digit code from the
> > back of the card? There doesnt seem to be anywhere on the site where
> > you can test it.

> > Cheers

> > Gay

> Hi Gay,
>
> Have you readhttp://www.paymate.com.au/help/nzhelp/paymate/help.jsp?hsection=sell2?
>
> It is linked off the front page ofhttp://www.paymate.co.nz/in the
> "Sell more with Paymate" box as "Sell on a Website".
>
> It is very informative and tells you precisely what you can expect them
> to offer with regards to the process of integrating their service with
> your website.

Hi K,

Thanks for that - yes I had seen that page as I have set up Paymate on
another customers website, but in that instance I didnt set up the
Paymate account, it was already done by the customer himself, and he
did the testing.

I'm trying to use Paymate with an existing site that uses a 3rd party
shopping cart. I think its probably pointless trying to integrate it
with the cart as I dont have any control over parameters etc on that,
but if we can use Paymate as purely for processing payments (ie the
seller typing in the card no, expiry etc rather than the purchaser
doing it) then we should be ok. But I dont know if they require that 3
digit number or not.

Paymate dont seem to run a public test area, but I guess the quickest
way would be to set up a test account with Paymate myself.

Thanks anyway - by the way have you or your customers used Paymate?
Good, bad, indifferent reports?

Cheers

Gay