Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > System Freeze

System Freeze

=?Utf-8?B?QWFtaXI=?=

Guys: I am running Windows XP Professional SP 2 with an external Netgear
WG511 Wireless card. This is a new card replacing a 3Com card.

The problem when I was using the 3Com card was that my maching would freeze.
I would have to do a hard reboot and then the machine would freeze again.

I disconnected the 3Com card and connected using a cable and everything
worked fine and the machine did not freeze. So, thinking that the problem was
with the card, I got a new card and now the machine freezes again.

I was previously using Windows to configure the wireless connection and now
am using the Netgear software but the problem still happens.

Does anyone have any ideas on any possible things I could try to fix this
issue?

Thank you.

mikeFNB

what is windows saying in the events log.

mike

"Aamir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Guys: I am running Windows XP Professional SP 2 with an external Netgear
> WG511 Wireless card. This is a new card replacing a 3Com card.
>
> The problem when I was using the 3Com card was that my maching would

freeze.
> I would have to do a hard reboot and then the machine would freeze again.
>
> I disconnected the 3Com card and connected using a cable and everything
> worked fine and the machine did not freeze. So, thinking that the problem

was
> with the card, I got a new card and now the machine freezes again.
>
> I was previously using Windows to configure the wireless connection and

now
> am using the Netgear software but the problem still happens.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on any possible things I could try to fix this
> issue?
>
> Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?QWFtaXI=?=

I have two messages: One is an error and one is a warning.

Error:
Event ID: 29
Source: W32Time
one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently
accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes.
NtpClient has no source of accurate time. For more information, see Help and
Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Warning:
Event ID: 14
Source: W32Time
controller to use as a time source. NtpClient will try again in 15 minutes.

Thanks.

"mikeFNB" wrote:

> what is windows saying in the events log.
>
> mike
>
> "Aamir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Guys: I am running Windows XP Professional SP 2 with an external Netgear
> > WG511 Wireless card. This is a new card replacing a 3Com card.
> >
> > The problem when I was using the 3Com card was that my maching would

> freeze.
> > I would have to do a hard reboot and then the machine would freeze again.
> >
> > I disconnected the 3Com card and connected using a cable and everything
> > worked fine and the machine did not freeze. So, thinking that the problem

> was
> > with the card, I got a new card and now the machine freezes again.
> >
> > I was previously using Windows to configure the wireless connection and

> now
> > am using the Netgear software but the problem still happens.
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas on any possible things I could try to fix this
> > issue?
> >
> > Thank you.

mikeFNB

ok well that's just where you have set up windows to automatically get the
correct time as per robin walkers cable modem site.

that's a pig there is no indication of the error though!

i did a bit of searching & i think these might help

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=...wrt&meta=vc%3D

mike

"Aamir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have two messages: One is an error and one is a warning.
>
> Error:
> Event ID: 29
> Source: W32Time

from
> one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently
> accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes.
> NtpClient has no source of accurate time. For more information, see Help

and
> Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>
> Warning:
> Event ID: 14
> Source: W32Time
> controller to use as a time source. NtpClient will try again in 15

minutes.

> Thanks.
>
> "mikeFNB" wrote:
>
> > what is windows saying in the events log.
> >
> > mike
> >
> > "Aamir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Guys: I am running Windows XP Professional SP 2 with an external

Netgear
> > > WG511 Wireless card. This is a new card replacing a 3Com card.
> > >
> > > The problem when I was using the 3Com card was that my maching would

> > freeze.
> > > I would have to do a hard reboot and then the machine would freeze

again.

> > > I disconnected the 3Com card and connected using a cable and

everything
> > > worked fine and the machine did not freeze. So, thinking that the

problem
> > was
> > > with the card, I got a new card and now the machine freezes again.
> > >
> > > I was previously using Windows to configure the wireless connection

and
> > now
> > > am using the Netgear software but the problem still happens.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any ideas on any possible things I could try to fix

this
> > > issue?
> > >
> > > Thank you.

Bob Noble

This sounds to me like it may be an interrupt conflict with your network.
Check the interrupt on whatever it is you are feeding your card into the
computer and make sure it is not sharing an interrupt with anything else.
Even though the computer may say there is no conflict in device manager with
the interrupt, if it is sharing, it sometimes causes crashes.

--
Bob Noble
www.sonic.net/bnoble