Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Will Microsoft Encarta 97 Encyclopaedia run under XP?

Will Microsoft Encarta 97 Encyclopaedia run under XP?

Jamie Kahn Genet

I have the following auction for Microsoft Encarta 97 Encyclopaedia
<http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=84152741>. It's system requirements
are listed as:

33MHz 486DX or better microprocessor.
8MB RAM or better.
MS-DOS 3.1 or Windows 3.1 or Windows 95 or Windows NT 3.51 or later.

However a potential buyer has asked if it will run under Windows XP. I
am unable to test it myself as I do not have any PC with XP. Does anyone
here know?

TIA,
Jamie Kahn Genet

David Goodwin

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:36:09 +1300, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jamie
Kahn Genet) wrote:

>I have the following auction for Microsoft Encarta 97 Encyclopaedia
><http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=84152741>. It's system requirements
>are listed as:
>
>33MHz 486DX or better microprocessor.
>8MB RAM or better.
>MS-DOS 3.1 or Windows 3.1 or Windows 95 or Windows NT 3.51 or later.
>
>However a potential buyer has asked if it will run under Windows XP. I
>am unable to test it myself as I do not have any PC with XP. Does anyone
>here know?

Ive just installed the OEM version on a spare machine now and it
appears to work fine.

Jamie Kahn Genet

David Goodwin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:36:09 +1300, (E-Mail Removed) (Jamie
> Kahn Genet) wrote:
>
> >I have the following auction for Microsoft Encarta 97 Encyclopaedia
> ><http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=84152741>. It's system requirements
> >are listed as:
> >
> >33MHz 486DX or better microprocessor.
> >8MB RAM or better.
> >MS-DOS 3.1 or Windows 3.1 or Windows 95 or Windows NT 3.51 or later.
> >
> >However a potential buyer has asked if it will run under Windows XP. I
> >am unable to test it myself as I do not have any PC with XP. Does anyone
> >here know?
> >

> Ive just installed the OEM version on a spare machine now and it
> appears to work fine.

Cheers very much You never can tell how well old software will run
under XP.

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

Beauty_Girl Beauty_Girl is offline
Junior Member

HIII

DOES ANYONE KNOWS HOW/WHERE TO DOWNLOAD ENCARTA 97??
THANKS