Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Why are Lunix People so Insecure..

Why are Lunix People so Insecure..

Mathew Good

May be they know its totally Crap and not meant for the masses, but they try to by keeping to
defend its self here..

Come on Chaps its well know its totally crap and not meant for Jo Blow at all.

You just don't seen Windows uses keep defending its self.

Only the Lunix people do that all the time..

Philip

Mathew Good wrote:

> May be they know its totally Crap and not meant for the masses, but they try to by keeping to
> defend its self here..
>
> Come on Chaps its well know its totally crap and not meant for Jo Blow at all.
>

> You just don't seen Windows uses keep defending its self.
>
> Only the Lunix people do that all the time..

*Plonk!*

Graymond

Mathew Good wrote:
> May be they know its totally Crap and not meant for the masses, but they try to by keeping to
> defend its self here..
>
> Come on Chaps its well know its totally crap and not meant for Jo Blow at all.

And how do you know this ?

> You just don't seen Windows uses keep defending its self.

So why are you making comments about Linux

> Only the Lunix people do that all the time..

Ditto above

All operating systems have both good and bad points, why bother with
all this nonsense, it makes this so called 'Comp' newsgroup so
childish.

Have a nice day.

GraB

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 19:30:07 +1300, Mathew Good <(E-Mail Removed)
wrote:

>May be they know its totally Crap and not meant for the masses, but they try to by keeping to
>defend its self here..
>
>Come on Chaps its well know its totally crap and not meant for Jo Blow at all.
>

>You just don't seen Windows uses keep defending its self.
>
>Only the Lunix people do that all the time..

Haven't you seen the MS trolls in this group?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Mathew Good
<(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Only the Lunix people do that all the time...

Here's a blogger who uses the term "L'unix". In this item
<http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/?p=766>, he talks about how a university
managed to save costs by outsourcing its IT operations to Google. How does
Google manage to do things more cheaply? Answer: they're not running
Dimdows.

<(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Only the Lunix people do that all the time..

Here's a blogger who uses the term "L'unix". In this item
<http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/?p=764> he talks about the interesting
concept of "monopoly guilt":

Basically, people who now automatically choose Microsoft server products
will start to become aware that their fiats force other people to make
choices many of them might rather not make. For example, choose Exchange
Server for your campus wide system, and you force Mac and other L'Unix
users on your campus to choose between bypassing you, living with a
layer of unwanted, unreliable, and inconsistent middleware that fails at
the drop of a Microsoft patch, or accepting the need to pay for a PC and
licensed software just to get along with your email server choice.

Bottom line: every Microsoft server choice in IT taxes users by forcing
them to choose between going along or finding work arounds - choices
that IT could avoid imposing simply by choosing servers supporting open
standards.

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

Mathew Good wrote:

> May be they know its totally Crap and not meant for the masses, but they try to by keeping to
> defend its self here..
>
> Come on Chaps its well know its totally crap and not meant for Jo Blow at all.
>
> You just don't seen Windows uses keep defending its self.
>
> Only the Lunix people do that all the time..

**** off Woger, there are enough Windows and Linux trolls in here
already...

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

Enkidu

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Mathew Good
> <(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Only the Lunix people do that all the time..

> Here's a blogger who uses the term "L'unix". In this item
> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/?p=764> he talks about the interesting
> concept of "monopoly guilt":
>
> Basically, people who now automatically choose Microsoft server products
> will start to become aware that their fiats force other people to make
> choices many of them might rather not make. For example, choose Exchange
> Server for your campus wide system, and you force Mac and other L'Unix
> users on your campus to choose between bypassing you, living with a
> layer of unwanted, unreliable, and inconsistent middleware that fails at
> the drop of a Microsoft patch, or accepting the need to pay for a PC and
> licensed software just to get along with your email server choice.

Um, Exchange supports POP3 and IMAP as well as the preferred MAPI that
Outlook talks. So that is a red-herring. The big thing that ties people
into Windows clients is Domain authentication. You can't get access to
shared services unless you are a member of the Domain and it is very
difficult to do that from a Linux or Mac client.

Cheers,

Cliff

'hilarious', it usually isn't?

Phil

Mathew Good wrote, On 5/01/07 7.30 p:

> May be they know its totally Crap and not meant for the masses, but they try to by keeping to
> defend its self here..
>
> Come on Chaps its well know its totally crap and not meant for Jo Blow at all.
>

> You just don't seen Windows uses keep defending its self.
>
> Only the Lunix people do that all the time..

Yay for hypocrisy!

-Phil

Robert Cooze

Mathew Good wrote:

> May be they know its totally Crap and not meant for the masses, but they try to by keeping to
> defend its self here..
>
> Come on Chaps its well know its totally crap and not meant for Jo Blow at all.
>

> You just don't seen Windows uses keep defending its self.
>
> Only the Lunix people do that all the time..

well FFS I use both there are things that I can easy do with Windows and
stuff that I can do with Linux. 6 or so months ago I switched from the
windows platform for the day to day stuff to a Linux distro the wife
loves it! I have a windows machine looking after the printing and music
playing (streamed from my Linux server) I have used a Linux distro for
that using a cdrom. I am doing a self help type of course from the local
pollyteck and ended up taking a virus home on the usb key and nearly
trashed the windows machine (YEAY!! not took too long to install and patch).

I know I wont try VISTA but it sounds kinda cool. I really hope the
"vista_cost.txt" as posted as a link, is a load of BS and does not come
to fruition as it will make life hard for all. I can see problems in my
job if what they are saying are true. But will the masses notice at all
or will it be a non event? You see it is the masses that cause all our
problems as they just don't know! most people here can clean up there
own mess and keep things running fine for them self! I fixed a machine
for the next door's it had 4 dialers 10 viruses & worms and 50 types of
spy ware. The most toxic and saving grace for them was a proxy installed
by one of the spyware witch stopped the dialers from running. I got a
case of beer for my troubles, Better than money from my point of view!