Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > HTML editor

HTML editor

k9nick

Anyone suggest a good FREE one cause I'm a tight ass. Know how to use
raw html with note book etc, but just thought id have a look at
options. Considering front page is giving me greif.

Something that simplifies some of the coding ? Perhaps. Not too many
bells and whitles. Takes this old brain longer to process new info.
heh heh

cheers

Earl Grey

k9nick wrote:
> Anyone suggest a good FREE one cause I'm a tight ass. Know how to use
> raw html with note book etc, but just thought id have a look at
> options. Considering front page is giving me greif.
>
> Something that simplifies some of the coding ? Perhaps. Not too many
> bells and whitles. Takes this old brain longer to process new info.
> heh heh
>
> cheers

http://www.nvu.com/index.php

(Thanks Philip)

Dianthus Mimulus

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:23:10 -0800, k9nick wrote:

> Anyone suggest a good FREE one cause I'm a tight ass. Know how to use
> raw html with note book etc, but just thought id have a look at
> options. Considering front page is giving me greif.
>
> Something that simplifies some of the coding ? Perhaps. Not too many
> bells and whitles. Takes this old brain longer to process new info.
> heh heh

Nvu is based on Mozilla and is worth looking at.

Something else worth looking at is: Quanta Plus. Definitely if you're
wanting to get right into the HTML yourself. Quanta seems to have improved
itself quite alot since I last looked at it.

--
Dianthus Mimulus

MS Windows Vista - broken by design
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut00...vista_cost.txt

Allistar

Dianthus Mimulus wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:23:10 -0800, k9nick wrote:
>
>> Anyone suggest a good FREE one cause I'm a tight ass. Know how to use
>> raw html with note book etc, but just thought id have a look at
>> options. Considering front page is giving me greif.
>>
>> Something that simplifies some of the coding ? Perhaps. Not too many
>> bells and whitles. Takes this old brain longer to process new info.
>> heh heh

> Nvu is based on Mozilla and is worth looking at.
>
> Something else worth looking at is: Quanta Plus. Definitely if you're
> wanting to get right into the HTML yourself. Quanta seems to have improved
> itself quite alot since I last looked at it.

Seconded. Quanta Plus is my editor of choice, for HTML, PHP and Javascript
development.

Allistar.

Enkidu

Allistar wrote:
> Dianthus Mimulus wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:23:10 -0800, k9nick wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone suggest a good FREE one cause I'm a tight ass. Know how to use
>>> raw html with note book etc, but just thought id have a look at
>>> options. Considering front page is giving me greif.
>>>
>>> Something that simplifies some of the coding ? Perhaps. Not too many
>>> bells and whitles. Takes this old brain longer to process new info.
>>> heh heh

>> Nvu is based on Mozilla and is worth looking at.
>>
>> Something else worth looking at is: Quanta Plus. Definitely if you're
>> wanting to get right into the HTML yourself. Quanta seems to have improved
>> itself quite alot since I last looked at it.

> Seconded. Quanta Plus is my editor of choice, for HTML, PHP and Javascript
> development.

An early version Quanta Plus used to crash my Linux box, but I'm glad to
say that does not show the slightest inclination to crash in the latest
versions. I'd recommend it. There are Windows versions I believe.

Cheers,

Cliff

'hilarious', it usually isn't?

Blue

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 12:32:36 +1300, Earl Grey wrote:

> k9nick wrote:
>> Anyone suggest a good FREE one cause I'm a tight ass. Know how to use
>> raw html with note book etc, but just thought id have a look at
>> options. Considering front page is giving me greif.
>>
>> Something that simplifies some of the coding ? Perhaps. Not too many
>> bells and whitles. Takes this old brain longer to process new info.
>> heh heh
>>
>> cheers
>>

> http://www.nvu.com/index.php
>
> (Thanks Philip)

There we go, Out of Firefox. Another winner.