Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Interconnect problems between XP/SP2 and 98SE

Interconnect problems between XP/SP2 and 98SE

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsgRA==?=

I have an XP machine, with Service Pack 2 installed, connected to a Belkin
802.11g router by Ethernet cable and an older 98SE machine with a Belkin
802.11g adapter card communicating wirelessly. I can get onto the Internet OK
from both machines and the 98SE machine can map to the shared documents file
on the XP machine.

I can't get the XP machine to recognize that the 98SE is on the network. XP
doesn't seem to have the "Map Network Drive" feature that the 98SE has. Both
machines have file sharing enabled. The 98 machine is using Microsoft Family
Logon enabled. The XP is using Microsoft Client for Networks. If I switch the
98 to Client, I can "see" the XP, but can't access the folder.

Any genii out there know what I'm doing wrong?
--
Frank Damp, Anacortes, WA

interconnect console port orfe Cisco 1 08-19-2007 09:24 PM
Interconnect connection problem with IE Dave Computer Support 2 05-27-2007 02:22 PM
Interconnect 2 AAH Boxes phil @ home UK VOIP 2 05-06-2006 09:04 AM
A procedure to interconnect components jean-philippea VHDL 6 10-21-2004 04:14 PM
help, two voip network interconnect! Lin Meng VOIP 1 07-18-2003 09:36 AM

Advertisments