Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > This group should be renamed nz.comp.linux.fanboys

This group should be renamed nz.comp.linux.fanboys

Scooter

On , , Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:47:18 +1300, Re: This group should be
renamed nz.comp.linux.fanboys, steve
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Bobs wrote:
>
>> I mean, seriously. I just popped in here to see what's going on in the
>> world and all I can see splashed everywhere is how great linux is and
>> how much Vista sucks (which hasn't even been released yet, so not sure
>> what they're basing it on).

>Vista has been released.

Funny, I had a look in the shops and I can't find a copy. I aked
the salespeople and they said it hadn't been released to the
public yet. Several shops said that.
You say it has.
Who do I believe?
A choice that took me nano seconds to make.

Scooter

On , , Sat, 30 Dec 2006 22:15:30 +1300, Re: This group should be
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Waylon Kenning wrote:
>
>> T'was the Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:47:18 +1300 when I remembered steve
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:

>>>Vista has been released.

>> I've been using the RTM build for about a month now. I find it
>> awesome. It's just easy to do stuff. Things are detected, things work.
>> That's the best thing about it to date. I certainly would pick Vista
>> over Windows XP.

>If it weren't from a company with no respect for the law and poor ethics, I
>might consider it.
>
>But I decided 6 years ago to leave Bill G to do his thing and rope in as
>many rubes as he could onto his gilded selling platform, doing things his
>way or no way......I just wouldn't be joining him there.

That sounds like a religious crusade that you are participating
in.

Scooter

On , , 29 Dec 2006 03:04:05 -0800, Re: This group should be
renamed nz.comp.linux.fanboys, "Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Bobs wrote:
>> I mean, seriously. I just popped in here to see what's going on in the
>> world and all I can see splashed everywhere is how great linux is and
>> how much Vista sucks (which hasn't even been released yet, so not sure
>> what they're basing it on).
>>
>> I honestly think that some people here burn copies of linux to disc and
>> have sex with it.

>Of course they do. What else did you think the hole in the middle of
>the disc was for?

Pencil dicked people?

Scooter

On , , Sat, 30 Dec 2006 03:46:07 +1300, Re: This group should be
renamed nz.comp.linux.fanboys, Fred Dagg <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 29 Dec 2006 03:09:52 -0800, "Chris Lim" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>exclaimed:

>>> Of course they do. What else did you think the hole in the middle of
>>> the disc was for?

>>Thank you for that wonderful mental image.

>Only Linux users can fit their willys in the hole, of course...

But only when they have an erection, the rest of the time it
falls out.

steve

Scooter wrote:

> On , , Sat, 30 Dec 2006 22:15:30 +1300, Re: This group should be
> renamed nz.comp.linux.fanboys, steve
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Waylon Kenning wrote:
>>
>>> T'was the Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:47:18 +1300 when I remembered steve
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:

>>> I've been using the RTM build for about a month now. I find it
>>> awesome. It's just easy to do stuff. Things are detected, things work.
>>> That's the best thing about it to date. I certainly would pick Vista
>>> over Windows XP.

>>If it weren't from a company with no respect for the law and poor ethics,
>>I might consider it.
>>
>>But I decided 6 years ago to leave Bill G to do his thing and rope in as
>>many rubes as he could onto his gilded selling platform, doing things his
>>way or no way......I just wouldn't be joining him there.

> That sounds like a religious crusade that you are participating
> in.

There is passion there....but mine is based on reality, about freedom and
choice.....not imaginary sky-pixies.

The common denominator is passion....so your confusion is understandable if
you don't understand the issues actually being discussed.

--
Only boring people are bored.

steve

Scooter wrote:

> On , , Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:47:18 +1300, Re: This group should be
> renamed nz.comp.linux.fanboys, steve
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Bobs wrote:
>>
>>> I mean, seriously. I just popped in here to see what's going on in the
>>> world and all I can see splashed everywhere is how great linux is and
>>> how much Vista sucks (which hasn't even been released yet, so not sure
>>> what they're basing it on).

>>Vista has been released.

> Funny, I had a look in the shops and I can't find a copy. I aked
> the salespeople and they said it hadn't been released to the
> public yet. Several shops said that.
> You say it has.
> Who do I believe?
> A choice that took me nano seconds to make.

Depends on where and who....

Windows Vista, already several years in the making, will be released in two
phases: business editions will be released on Nov. 30, while consumers will
have to wait for their versions until January 30.

--
Only boring people are bored.

Chris Lim

Scooter wrote:
> That sounds like a religious crusade that you are participating
> in.

Ouch. That has got to be the ultimate insult.