Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > IHUG loosing my account.

IHUG loosing my account.

Anony Mouse

Finally I have decided to move to dsl.

IHUG give me no real incentive to remain with them.

Orcon do... Free modem, two months free and a suitable 256/128 5gb data
plan.

My exchange is not capable of full speed so why should I subsidize
others? IHUG only offers full speed plans and very poor data cap offerings.

Bye IHUG I can't say it has been a pleasure over the last 8 plus years.
Tolerable to poor is probably a better way to describe it.

Anony Mouse

Miguel

Hello Mr Mouse....It's good to see people being pro-active.

<snip Anony Mouse>
> My exchange is not capable of full speed

</snip>

Just wondering. From where did you get the specs for your local
exchange.

Regards
Miguel

Vista

"Anony Mouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:emun0b$sh9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Finally I have decided to move to dsl.
>
> IHUG give me no real incentive to remain with them.
>
> Orcon do... Free modem, two months free and a suitable 256/128 5gb data
> plan.
>
> My exchange is not capable of full speed so why should I subsidize others?
> IHUG only offers full speed plans and very poor data cap offerings.
>
> Bye IHUG I can't say it has been a pleasure over the last 8 plus years.
> Tolerable to poor is probably a better way to describe it.
>
> Anony Mouse

With orcon you are tied into a fixed term contract, which makes it difficult
to move if their service isn't good. I am using slingshot, with no contract,
and it s cheaper too.

anony mouse

Miguel wrote:
> Hello Mr Mouse....It's good to see people being pro-active.
>
> <snip Anony Mouse>
>
>>My exchange is not capable of full speed

> </snip>
>
> Just wondering. From where did you get the specs for your local
> exchange.
>
> Regards
> Miguel

Greetings Miguel

Orcon has it as part of their sign up process...

Just give the web form your phone number and it tells you if it is a
full speed capable exchange.

Regards
Anony Mouse

anony mouse

Vista wrote:
> "Anony Mouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:emun0b$sh9$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> With orcon you are tied into a fixed term contract, which makes it difficult
> to move if their service isn't good. I am using slingshot, with no contract,
> and it s cheaper too.

After spending 8 years with IHUG I am prepared to give Orcon a good go
at getting it right... That is if they have not. By the way I did talk
to other Orcon users I know first.

Plus I know where to talk to one of the admins on the net which I have
been doing tonight.... Very timely of him to pop up on channel. He
sorted the nntp issue that I had... Telecom assigned a new ip range to
dsl customers... Within minutes of telling him it (nntp access) was up
and running... The help desk also helped me straight away with outgoing
mail temp fix until the admin could fix it tomorrow...

Now thats the kind of service that I like to see...

But sometimes it is who you know and one of the reasons I chose Orcon...

I would recommend Orcon but probably I am not the norm for user
experience... But then again I dare say the help team would have sorted
the issues I raised in a timely manner without me having to talk to the
admin.

Anony Mouse
A very happy Orcon new user.