Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > WTB: AMD K6-450

WTB: AMD K6-450

robert.fapc@gmail.com

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a specific type of older PC, namely

AMD K6 of 450 or better and 100MHz FSB (Front Side Bus)
Minimum of 64Mb of RAM.
Video card of 8Mb or more
USB
Win 98

Preferably in the Auckland area. The reason I need these specs is that
a custom built machine runs best on them, for some reason. If you can
help please contact me at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (don't worry, it's
infested with spam already so a little more won't hurt!)

Who Me

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking to buy a specific type of older PC, namely
>
> AMD K6 of 450 or better and 100MHz FSB (Front Side Bus)
> Minimum of 64Mb of RAM.
> Video card of 8Mb or more
> USB
> Win 98
>

> Preferably in the Auckland area. The reason I need these specs is that
> a custom built machine runs best on them, for some reason. If you can
> help please contact me at (E-Mail Removed) (don't worry, it's
> infested with spam already so a little more won't hu

Hi
just spotted this on trademe
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/C...n-82015261.htm

Shane

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking to buy a specific type of older PC, namely
>
> AMD K6 of 450 or better and 100MHz FSB (Front Side Bus)
> Minimum of 64Mb of RAM.
> Video card of 8Mb or more
> USB
> Win 98
>

> Preferably in the Auckland area. The reason I need these specs is that
> a custom built machine runs best on them, for some reason. If you can
> help please contact me at (E-Mail Removed) (don't worry, it's
> infested with spam already so a little more won't hurt!)

My god, thats deviants specs!!!

user@deviant:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 5
model : 8
model name : AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor
stepping : 12
cpu MHz : 450.016
cache size : 64 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 pge mmx syscall 3dnow
k6_mtrr
bogomips : 897.84

user@deviant:~$ free -m
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 116 74 42 0 10 22
-/+ buffers/cache: 40 75
Swap: 345 149 195

user@deviant:~$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

Currently serving [faithfully] as my mail server, its a rock solid setup, so
much so I want another one

--
Leela: They say Zapp Brannigan single-handedly saved the Octilian system
from a horde of rampaging killbots.

blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org