Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 871 + ASA 5510 Quality of Service Config

Cisco 871 + ASA 5510 Quality of Service Config

michikrall@hotmail.com

Hi guys,
I'll have to configure one ASA and 8 871 Cisco routers. The ASA will be
the central point with the routers connected via static IPSec Tunnels
to it. Over these tunnel, QoS should be implemented (with TOS, for IP
telephony).
I am a real newbie in this topic, which is real complex, and I am not
able to find a good sample config. If anyone already have implemented
such a scenario, please help me! Maybe you can give me some hints,
sample configs, or docs which are not that voluminous like the cisco
docs I found!

Thanks, Mike

Merv

> I am a real newbie in this topic, which is real complex, and I am not
> able to find a good sample config. If anyone already have implemented
> such a scenario, please help me! Maybe you can give me some hints,
> sample configs, or docs

Deploying IPsec Virtual Private Networks

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns...80117919.shtml

Easy VPN with an ASA 5500 as the Server and Cisco 871 as the Easy VPN
Remote Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk58...8063e37a.shtml

I believe that both the ASA 5510 and the 871 support the Cisco ASDM GUI
configuraing tool.
I would strongly recommend that you also learn to use the Cisco CLI
command language to configure and debug your setup.

Setup the equipment with a suitable router between to simulate the
Internet and then you can configure and test before deploying the 87's
to the remote sites.

michikrall@hotmail.com

Hi Merv,
thank you for your advices!!
I never used the Cisco SDM before and I won't do it in this case.
I have done severall IOS and pix configurations with CLI, I meant I am
a newbie in configuring Quality of service!

The IPSec tunnels shouldn't be the problem, anyhow your link to "Easy
VPN with an ASA 5500 as the Server and Cisco 871 as the Easy VPN
Remote Configuration Example" will help.

Any advices regarding QoS?

Thanks Mike

Merv

For VOIP use LLQ otherwise CBWFQ

see Low Latency Queuing (LLQ) for IPSec Encryption Engines
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0804dfa7f.html

see Configuring CBWFQ for IPSec VPN
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns...80189080.shtml