Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > privatebox.co.nz

privatebox.co.nz

Joined up to this service, thought it looked quite good as i'm in the middle
of moving house.

I paid via credit card, and as his site bumps in and out of secure mode's
frequently I used my second card (quite common for people to have multiple
credit cards these days). My account was deleted - below:

Awaiting credit card refund now :-/

----------
Hello Michael,

Your account has automatically been disabled by our system. It seems that
you have tried four times before you made you final and fifth payment to us.

This is not the reason your account was closed, it was for the fact that you
have tried many different credit card numbers.

I'm sorry but we do not accept fraudulent payments and never will.

Cheers,

Steven Morey
----------

Vista

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:em9pvf$kp5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Joined up to this service, thought it looked quite good as i'm in the
> middle of moving house.
>
> I paid via credit card, and as his site bumps in and out of secure mode's
> frequently I used my second card (quite common for people to have multiple
> credit cards these days). My account was deleted - below:
>
> Awaiting credit card refund now :-/
>
> ----------
> Hello Michael,
>
> Your account has automatically been disabled by our system. It seems that
> you have tried four times before you made you final and fifth payment to
> us.
>
> This is not the reason your account was closed, it was for the fact that
> you
> have tried many different credit card numbers.
>
> I'm sorry but we do not accept fraudulent payments and never will.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steven Morey
> ----------

Maybe you have a bad credit rating

"Vista" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
<snip>

> Maybe you have a bad credit rating

Errrm, nothing to do with Credit Ratings.

Fred Dagg

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:45:08 +1300, <(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:

>Joined up to this service, thought it looked quite good as i'm in the middle
>of moving house.
>
>I paid via credit card, and as his site bumps in and out of secure mode's
>frequently I used my second card (quite common for people to have multiple
>credit cards these days). My account was deleted - below:
>
>Awaiting credit card refund now :-/
>
>----------
>Hello Michael,
>
>Your account has automatically been disabled by our system. It seems that
>you have tried four times before you made you final and fifth payment to us.
>
>This is not the reason your account was closed, it was for the fact that you
>have tried many different credit card numbers.
>
>I'm sorry but we do not accept fraudulent payments and never will.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Steven Morey
>----------

Did you try paying 5 times, with 5 different cards?

"Fred Dagg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:45:08 +1300, <(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:

<snip>

> Did you try paying 5 times, with 5 different cards?

Two different cards. The ANZ E Gate said my card was expired, when clearly
it wasnt. And the site as I said, pops in and out of secure mode, makes
using the site very interesting. No loss - i'll just go to NZ Post. Just
thought it was funny how he jumped to a fraud conclusion.

Philip

> "Fred Dagg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:45:08 +1300, <(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:

> <snip>
>>
>> Did you try paying 5 times, with 5 different cards?

> Two different cards. The ANZ E Gate said my card was expired, when
> clearly it wasnt. And the site as I said, pops in and out of secure
> mode, makes using the site very interesting. No loss - i'll just go to
> NZ Post. Just thought it was funny how he jumped to a fraud conclusion.

Some of these pre-authorisation schemes have to be experienced to be
believed.

The US company CCBill provides merchant services for a number of US
suppliers. I got refused by them because they said my card was declined
by the issuing Bank. the BNZ assures me that it wasn't. Where do we go
from here? I suspect their dimwit programmers have never heard of NZ so
automatically decline all approached from here - just like Verizon did
with nz email.

A while back, my bank changed our credit card from Visa to Mastercard.
So when renewal time came round I needed to update my card details for a
US voicemail outfit I've been subscribing to for years. The site allowed
me to choose to be in NZ, but demanded I choose a a US state from a
dropdown list (that didn't include any of the territories like Guam and
Puerto Rico) , and offered no way round this. The only way to complain
is to call a US 1 800 number, which then advises me that my telephone
provider cannot connect to this number. Sheesh!

Now they are sending me dunning e-mails demanding $3.95. This could
escalate...

So much for the global economy!

Philip

"Philip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:458884ce$(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> "Fred Dagg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:45:08 +1300, <(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:

>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Did you try paying 5 times, with 5 different cards?

>> Two different cards. The ANZ E Gate said my card was expired, when
>> clearly it wasnt. And the site as I said, pops in and out of secure mode,
>> makes using the site very interesting. No loss - i'll just go to NZ Post.
>> Just thought it was funny how he jumped to a fraud conclusion.

> Some of these pre-authorisation schemes have to be experienced to be
> believed.
>
> The US company CCBill provides merchant services for a number of US
> suppliers. I got refused by them because they said my card was declined by
> the issuing Bank. the BNZ assures me that it wasn't. Where do we go from
> here? I suspect their dimwit programmers have never heard of NZ so
> automatically decline all approached from here - just like Verizon did
> with nz email.
>
> A while back, my bank changed our credit card from Visa to Mastercard. So
> when renewal time came round I needed to update my card details for a US
> voicemail outfit I've been subscribing to for years. The site allowed me
> to choose to be in NZ, but demanded I choose a a US state from a dropdown
> list (that didn't include any of the territories like Guam and Puerto
> Rico) , and offered no way round this. The only way to complain is to call
> a US 1 800 number, which then advises me that my telephone provider cannot
> connect to this number. Sheesh!
>
> Now they are sending me dunning e-mails demanding $3.95. This could
> escalate...
>
> So much for the global economy!
>
> Philip

Had a simalar thing happen too - I could see I had credit available, but
this US Site kept declining the card. Yup - go the global economy.

Mark Robinson

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Joined up to this service, thought it looked quite good as i'm in the
> middle of moving house.
>
> I paid via credit card, and as his site bumps in and out of secure
> mode's frequently I used my second card (quite common for people to have
> multiple credit cards these days). My account was deleted - below:
>
> Awaiting credit card refund now :-/
>
> ----------
> Hello Michael,
>
> Your account has automatically been disabled by our system. It seems that
> you have tried four times before you made you final and fifth payment to
> us.
>
> This is not the reason your account was closed, it was for the fact that
> you
> have tried many different credit card numbers.
>
> I'm sorry but we do not accept fraudulent payments and never will.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steven Morey
> ----------

Whenever I see "affiliate program" I read "scam".

Rob

"Mark Robinson" <(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Joined up to this service, thought it looked quite good as i'm in the
>> middle of moving house.
>>
>> I paid via credit card, and as his site bumps in and out of secure
>> mode's frequently I used my second card (quite common for people to have
>> multiple credit cards these days). My account was deleted - below:
>>
>> Awaiting credit card refund now :-/
>>
>> ----------
>> Hello Michael,
>>
>> Your account has automatically been disabled by our system. It seems that
>> you have tried four times before you made you final and fifth payment to
>> us.
>>
>> This is not the reason your account was closed, it was for the fact that
>> you
>> have tried many different credit card numbers.
>>
>> I'm sorry but we do not accept fraudulent payments and never will.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Steven Morey
>> ----------

> Whenever I see "affiliate program" I read "scam".

And Spam. Affiliates programs are often a large source of spam.

texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 13:39:42 +1300, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Philip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:458884ce$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>>
>>> "Fred Dagg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> <snip>

>>> Two different cards. The ANZ E Gate said my card was expired, when
>>> clearly it wasnt. And the site as I said, pops in and out of secure mode,
>>> makes using the site very interesting. No loss - i'll just go to NZ Post.
>>> Just thought it was funny how he jumped to a fraud conclusion.

>> Some of these pre-authorisation schemes have to be experienced to be
>> believed.
>>
>> The US company CCBill provides merchant services for a number of US
>> suppliers. I got refused by them because they said my card was declined by
>> the issuing Bank. the BNZ assures me that it wasn't. Where do we go from
>> here? I suspect their dimwit programmers have never heard of NZ so
>> automatically decline all approached from here - just like Verizon did
>> with nz email.
>>
>> A while back, my bank changed our credit card from Visa to Mastercard. So
>> when renewal time came round I needed to update my card details for a US
>> voicemail outfit I've been subscribing to for years. The site allowed me
>> to choose to be in NZ, but demanded I choose a a US state from a dropdown
>> list (that didn't include any of the territories like Guam and Puerto
>> Rico) , and offered no way round this. The only way to complain is to call
>> a US 1 800 number, which then advises me that my telephone provider cannot
>> connect to this number. Sheesh!
>>
>> Now they are sending me dunning e-mails demanding $3.95. This could
>> escalate...
>>
>> So much for the global economy!
>>
>> Philip
>>

>Had a simalar thing happen too - I could see I had credit available, but
>this US Site kept declining the card. Yup - go the global economy.

There was an article in the news media here earlier this year about
companies not accepting credit cards from many countries which
included a list of the countries - was surprised to find New Zealand
was amongst them.

Cath