Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Real Bad News For XBox 360 Owners From Top Game Providers

Real Bad News For XBox 360 Owners From Top Game Providers

E. Scrooge

A problem came up in a Microsoft group with someone asking if the XBox game
Thrillville (turns out it's only just been released) will play on a new XBox
360.

Plenty of info about the game on Lucas Arts and Game Review websites, but
not one of the pricks bother to say if it will play on a XBox 360 or not.

Tracked down a damn forum where someone had bought the game for his XBox 360
only to find out the hard way that it's not compatible.

Could well be that 360 version of the game will be released later on, but
not telling people that some new games are XBox only is pretty damn poor.

The game was going to be a boy's Christmas gift to use on the new Xbox 360
that his mother is getting him for Christmas.

E. Scrooge

Blue

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:43:39 +1300, E. Scrooge wrote:

> A problem came up in a Microsoft group with someone asking if the XBox game
> Thrillville (turns out it's only just been released) will play on a new XBox
> 360.
>
> Plenty of info about the game on Lucas Arts and Game Review websites, but
> not one of the pricks bother to say if it will play on a XBox 360 or not.
>
> Tracked down a damn forum where someone had bought the game for his XBox 360
> only to find out the hard way that it's not compatible.
>
> Could well be that 360 version of the game will be released later on, but
> not telling people that some new games are XBox only is pretty damn poor.
>
> The game was going to be a boy's Christmas gift to use on the new Xbox 360
> that his mother is getting him for Christmas.

What can one say... Merry Christmas Scrooge. Have some Karma.

bambam

Blue <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

>> The game was going to be a boy's Christmas gift to use on the new
>> Xbox 360 that his mother is getting him for Christmas.

> What can one say... Merry Christmas Scrooge. Have some Karma.

I hope I'm not the only one that found this funny?

--
After you've heard two eyewitness accounts of an auto accident
it makes you wonder about history.

Jason Clinton

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:43:39 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
(*sling)> wrote:

>A problem came up in a Microsoft group with someone asking if the XBox game
>Thrillville (turns out it's only just been released) will play on a new XBox
>360.
>
>Plenty of info about the game on Lucas Arts and Game Review websites, but
>not one of the pricks bother to say if it will play on a XBox 360 or not.
>
>Tracked down a damn forum where someone had bought the game for his XBox 360
>only to find out the hard way that it's not compatible.
>
>Could well be that 360 version of the game will be released later on, but
>not telling people that some new games are XBox only is pretty damn poor.
>
>The game was going to be a boy's Christmas gift to use on the new Xbox 360
>that his mother is getting him for Christmas.
>
>E. Scrooge

Given the low number of titles that are backwards compatible, I'd tend
to take the cautious approach and assume its not backwards compatible.

I agree that the reviews should state whether its 360 compatible or
not for the moment - a patch may come out.

E. Scrooge

"Jason Clinton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:43:39 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
> (*sling)> wrote:
>
>>A problem came up in a Microsoft group with someone asking if the XBox
>>game
>>Thrillville (turns out it's only just been released) will play on a new
>>XBox
>>360.
>>
>>Plenty of info about the game on Lucas Arts and Game Review websites, but
>>not one of the pricks bother to say if it will play on a XBox 360 or not.
>>
>>Tracked down a damn forum where someone had bought the game for his XBox
>>360
>>only to find out the hard way that it's not compatible.
>>
>>Could well be that 360 version of the game will be released later on, but
>>not telling people that some new games are XBox only is pretty damn poor.
>>
>>The game was going to be a boy's Christmas gift to use on the new Xbox 360
>>that his mother is getting him for Christmas.
>>
>>E. Scrooge

> Given the low number of titles that are backwards compatible, I'd tend
> to take the cautious approach and assume its not backwards compatible.
>
> I agree that the reviews should state whether its 360 compatible or
> not for the moment - a patch may come out.

Thanks, Jason.
At the moment it's pretty misleading for the buyer when new XBox games don't
state that on them that they won't play on the XBox 360 as well.
Especially when it seems that some older XBox games will play on the XBox
360 quite well.

E. Scrooge

Nathan Mercer

E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:
> "Jason Clinton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:43:39 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
> > (*sling)> wrote:
> >
> >>A problem came up in a Microsoft group with someone asking if the XBox
> >>game
> >>Thrillville (turns out it's only just been released) will play on a new
> >>XBox
> >>360.
> >>
> >>Plenty of info about the game on Lucas Arts and Game Review websites, but
> >>not one of the pricks bother to say if it will play on a XBox 360 or not.
> >>
> >>Tracked down a damn forum where someone had bought the game for his XBox
> >>360
> >>only to find out the hard way that it's not compatible.
> >>
> >>Could well be that 360 version of the game will be released later on, but
> >>not telling people that some new games are XBox only is pretty damn poor.
> >>
> >>The game was going to be a boy's Christmas gift to use on the new Xbox 360
> >>that his mother is getting him for Christmas.
> >>
> >>E. Scrooge

> > Given the low number of titles that are backwards compatible, I'd tend
> > to take the cautious approach and assume its not backwards compatible.
> >
> > I agree that the reviews should state whether its 360 compatible or
> > not for the moment - a patch may come out.

> Thanks, Jason.
> At the moment it's pretty misleading for the buyer when new XBox games don't
> state that on them that they won't play on the XBox 360 as well.
> Especially when it seems that some older XBox games will play on the XBox
> 360 quite well.

There is list of Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible games here

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...ygameslist.htm

There will be another Xbox 360 System Update with a significant number
of new games supported, real soon now

E. Scrooge

"Nathan Mercer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:
>> "Jason Clinton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > Given the low number of titles that are backwards compatible, I'd tend
>> > to take the cautious approach and assume its not backwards compatible.
>> >
>> > I agree that the reviews should state whether its 360 compatible or
>> > not for the moment - a patch may come out.

>> Thanks, Jason.
>> At the moment it's pretty misleading for the buyer when new XBox games
>> don't
>> state that on them that they won't play on the XBox 360 as well.
>> Especially when it seems that some older XBox games will play on the XBox
>> 360 quite well.

> There is list of Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible games here
>
> http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...ygameslist.htm
>
> There will be another Xbox 360 System Update with a significant number
> of new games supported, real soon now

Thanks very much for that link, Nathan.

I'll pass that onto the person I know of in the US who's grandson is getting
a new XBox 360 for Christmas. The boy wanted to play Thrillville a newly
released XBox game on it.
Perhaps a version of that game will be released for the XBox 360 within the
next few months.

E. Scrooge