Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > A TradeMe jerk.

A TradeMe jerk.

Jamie Kahn Genet

What do you guys reckon about below? This RUDE buyer never supplies a
bloody address and then gets uppity when I politely ask for one after
five days have passed. I lost my tempter a wee bit, but nevertheless
reigned it in and politely said I had not gotten an address so couldn't
do anything, and would send the item on it's way now I have said
address.

Now tonight I get another abrupt email.. apparently the post office
doesn't move fast enough for her, but she still fails to acknowledge her
fault in not supplying an address for five days from the time she won
the auction.

So, as you can see below, this time I didn't reign in my annoyance...
foolish of me? An over-reaction? Or just desserts for an PITA buyer? You
reckon I ought to send it? Was the top posting sig a bit much?

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

> > i still have not recieved this cd yet............ could you please let
> > me know when it was sent....................

> The answer to that is below in my reply. You're not exactly giving the
> post office much time, are you? Then again you're not exactly giving ME an
> easy time, so I suppose the post office doesn't get off lightly either.
> First you neglect to supply me with any postal address, then you ignore
> the fact that I had no way of sending the item (short of using ESP to read
> your mind for your address) when you ask where your item is (while still
> including your address in the same email and after I politely enquire as
> to an address - wow! What a coincidence!). Just what are you trying to
> achieve here, other than annoying me?
>
> Regards,
> Jamie Kahn Genet
>
> > ---- Jamie Kahn Genet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > If I'd had your address last week I would have been able to send it
> > > then. Thank you for now supplying it. Your item will be posted
> > > tomorrow.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Jamie Kahn Genet

> --
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting aka TOFU (Top-post Over, Full quote Under)
> Q: What is the most annoying thing about email conversations?

-=rjh=-

Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> What do you guys reckon about below? This RUDE buyer never supplies a
> bloody address and then gets uppity when I politely ask for one after
> five days have passed. I lost my tempter a wee bit, but nevertheless
> reigned it in and politely said I had not gotten an address so couldn't
> do anything, and would send the item on it's way now I have said
> address.
>
> Now tonight I get another abrupt email.. apparently the post office
> doesn't move fast enough for her, but she still fails to acknowledge her
> fault in not supplying an address for five days from the time she won
> the auction.
>
> So, as you can see below, this time I didn't reign in my annoyance...
> foolish of me? An over-reaction? Or just desserts for an PITA buyer? You
> reckon I ought to send it?

No, just let it go. On the scale of trademe jerks, that is nothing. I
had a woman take 3 months to send a cellphone AND she was quite abusive
about it. There's more important things to deal with than some loser on
trademe.

> Was the top posting sig a bit much?

Unless she is a usenet user (unlikely) I doubt she'll understand it anyway.

Jamie Kahn Genet

-=rjh=- <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> > What do you guys reckon about below? This RUDE buyer never supplies a
> > bloody address and then gets uppity when I politely ask for one after
> > five days have passed. I lost my tempter a wee bit, but nevertheless
> > reigned it in and politely said I had not gotten an address so couldn't
> > do anything, and would send the item on it's way now I have said
> > address.
> >
> > Now tonight I get another abrupt email.. apparently the post office
> > doesn't move fast enough for her, but she still fails to acknowledge her
> > fault in not supplying an address for five days from the time she won
> > the auction.
> >
> > So, as you can see below, this time I didn't reign in my annoyance...
> > foolish of me? An over-reaction? Or just desserts for an PITA buyer? You
> > reckon I ought to send it?

> No, just let it go. On the scale of trademe jerks, that is nothing. I
> had a woman take 3 months to send a cellphone AND she was quite abusive
> about it. There's more important things to deal with than some loser on
> trademe.
>

> > Was the top posting sig a bit much?

> Unless she is a usenet user (unlikely) I doubt she'll understand it anyway.

Yeah, you're right - it's all wasted on a jackass like that. It was
cathartic to write, though

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

poopbunny

I won an auction recently and I remember seeing a note somewhere that it had
my address on it for notification to the seller, so I did not repeat the
address in my communication thinking that it would be automatically supplied
to the seller. After a few days when it did not arrive, I politely asked if
it was sent. Turned out that the address I thought was supplied by trademe,
wasn't. Issue was poiltely resolved though.

One of those trademe quirks adding to miscommunication?

~misfit~

poopbunny wrote:
> I won an auction recently and I remember seeing a note somewhere that
> it had my address on it for notification to the seller, so I did not
> repeat the address in my communication thinking that it would be
> automatically supplied to the seller. After a few days when it did
> not arrive, I politely asked if it was sent. Turned out that the
> address I thought was supplied by trademe, wasn't. Issue was poiltely
> resolved though.
>
> One of those trademe quirks adding to miscommunication?

I find it best to have a form email on my machine that I cut'n'paste and add
names and auction number into each time I need it. Actually I've got two,
one for buying, one for selling. Saves a lot of hassle and risk of
"miscommunication".
--
Shaun.

Zipper

Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> What do you guys reckon about below? This RUDE buyer never supplies a
> bloody address and then gets uppity when I politely ask for one after
> five days have passed. I lost my tempter a wee bit, but nevertheless
> reigned it in and politely said I had not gotten an address so couldn't
> do anything, and would send the item on it's way now I have said
> address.
>
> Now tonight I get another abrupt email.. apparently the post office
> doesn't move fast enough for her, but she still fails to acknowledge her
> fault in not supplying an address for five days from the time she won
> the auction.
>
> So, as you can see below, this time I didn't reign in my annoyance...
> foolish of me? An over-reaction? Or just desserts for an PITA buyer? You
> reckon I ought to send it? Was the top posting sig a bit much?
>
> Regards,
> Jamie Kahn Genet

I just wonder why you had to post their address in a public newsgroup.
Even if they are a bit silly/impatient I don't think it is a very nice
move posting someones private address here. Was their address posted in
email to you? if so then I think what you have done is far worse than
what they have done, dragged a private conversation into a public arena.

I also think you should cut people more slack especially at this time of
year . Try to forgive and have more patience with those that are more
challenged or simply stressed and in a hurry and forgetting things
(happens a lot during the silly season).

Jamie Kahn Genet

Zipper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> > What do you guys reckon about below? This RUDE buyer never supplies a
> > bloody address and then gets uppity when I politely ask for one after
> > five days have passed. I lost my tempter a wee bit, but nevertheless
> > reigned it in and politely said I had not gotten an address so couldn't
> > do anything, and would send the item on it's way now I have said
> > address.
> >
> > Now tonight I get another abrupt email.. apparently the post office
> > doesn't move fast enough for her, but she still fails to acknowledge her
> > fault in not supplying an address for five days from the time she won
> > the auction.
> >
> > So, as you can see below, this time I didn't reign in my annoyance...
> > foolish of me? An over-reaction? Or just desserts for an PITA buyer? You
> > reckon I ought to send it? Was the top posting sig a bit much?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jamie Kahn Genet
> >

> I just wonder why you had to post their address in a public newsgroup.
> Even if they are a bit silly/impatient I don't think it is a very nice
> move posting someones private address here. Was their address posted in
> email to you? if so then I think what you have done is far worse than
> what they have done, dragged a private conversation into a public arena.
>
> I also think you should cut people more slack especially at this time of
> year . Try to forgive and have more patience with those that are more
> challenged or simply stressed and in a hurry and forgetting things
> (happens a lot during the silly season).

Perhaps you're right. I was becoming the jerk I was annoyed at.

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

trademe con? - $10 to ask a question bruce NZ Computing 44 03-14-2010 03:59 AM
Trademe alternatives? paora NZ Computing 7 03-14-2010 03:53 AM
Trademe idiots Weez NZ Computing 57 05-20-2004 05:19 AM
Question about "TradeMe" bidding Craig NZ Computing 2 01-27-2004 08:51 AM
TradeMe strangeness JD NZ Computing 16 08-08-2003 06:08 AM

Advertisments