Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Linux Limousine Services

Linux Limousine Services

thingy

E. Scrooge wrote:
> Vic:
> I need to hire a limo to get to the airport, thanks.
>
> LL Manager:
> Sorry, no can do at the moment.
>
> Vic:
> Why can't I hire this limo right here?
>
> LL Manager:
> Only problem with that is there's no driver for it. Unless you'd be willing
> to drive it yourself.
>
> Vic:
> You must be joking. Is there any reason why you couldn't drive me to the
> airport in it?
>
> LL Manager:
> That would be fine if I had a licence to do so.
>
> Vic:
> ****! What an outfit. Wouldn't surprise me if it's not registered and
> certified.
>
> LL Manager:
> Funny you should say that, just try not to spread it around. It wouldn't be
> good for business.
>
> Vic:
> Is there any special reason why those horses are harnessed to the front of
> it?
>
> LL Manager:
> Glad you asked. Fact is we pride ourselves by doing our own servicing.
> When the engine died we replaced it with some real horsepower. Good
> reliable runners. Take my word for it.
>
> Vic:
> I've taken more than enough crap for one day. I'm off to grab that MS cab
> that's just pulled up, and what's the bet that it's fully registered,
> certified, and has a driver who actually has a licence?
>

> E. Scrooge

Total *******s.

regards

Thing

thingy

E. Scrooge wrote:
> "Chris Wilkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:4578e0fe$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi there,
>>
>> E. Scrooge wrote:
>> <snip about Linux Limo outfit>
>>
>> Vic:
>> Hi, I'd like to hire a limo to get to the airport, thanks
>>
>> MSL Manager:
>> Certainly, please take this official MSL starter pack, that
>> includes your 50-digit activation code, and COA, to ensure
>> that you, the end user, are using a genuine MSL product. Lets
>> get started, can you please read and accept the terms of this
>> lengthy EULA, thanks...
>>
>> Vic:
>> Er, all I want to do is get to the airport...my flight leaves
>> quite soon...
>>
>> MSL Manager:
>> Sorry sir, but the EULA outlines your legal entitlements
>> when using the MSL service...you are required to read the
>> entire EULA, and click Accept to acknowledge your legal
>> rights under its terms...
>>
>> Vic:
>> Can I read it on the way?
>>
>> MSL Manager:
>> No, I'm sorry. You need to read and accept the terms of the
>> EULA before the Limousine will start. Then you are required
>> to telephone MSL Support to activate the driver...
>>
>> Vic: Eh, what? Sod it! <clicks Accept without reading EULA>
>>
>> MSL Manager:
>> Now telephone MSL Support to activate the driver....
>>
>> Vic:
>> Christ! Alright OK, I'm calling them now...<very lengthy wait
>> and talk on phone ensues>. Allright, I'm done...
>>
>> MSL Manager:
>> Excellent. Lets get you in the limo, and get you to the airport...
>>
>> Vic:
>> ****! Look at the time, I'll never make the flight now!! I'm gonna
>> claim back every cent I lose from this, you bastards!
>>
>> MSL Manager:
>> Sorry, but you should have read the EULA more closely, where you
>> would have seen that the EULA removes any responsibility on the part
>> of MSL, for losses and/or damages you may have incurred as a result
>> of using the MSL Service...
>>
>> Vic:
>> **** this shite! I'm getting the free Linux Limo next time!
>>
>> --
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

> LOL That's not bad.
> Except the free Linux Limo comes with **** all gas, no door locks, a dead
> battery, and 4 flat tyres.
>
> E. Scrooge

Carry on believing it.....you deserve what you get.

regards

Thing

Craig Shore

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 17:38:47 +1300, Shane <(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net> wrote:

>*Sigh* does nobody here post facts

Yeah, Roger does.

E. Scrooge

"thingy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> E. Scrooge wrote:
>> Vic:
>> I need to hire a limo to get to the airport, thanks.
>>
>> LL Manager:
>> Sorry, no can do at the moment.
>>
>> Vic:
>> Why can't I hire this limo right here?
>>
>> LL Manager:
>> Only problem with that is there's no driver for it. Unless you'd be
>> willing to drive it yourself.
>>
>> Vic:
>> You must be joking. Is there any reason why you couldn't drive me to the
>> airport in it?
>>
>> LL Manager:
>> That would be fine if I had a licence to do so.
>>
>> Vic:
>> ****! What an outfit. Wouldn't surprise me if it's not registered and
>> certified.
>>
>> LL Manager:
>> Funny you should say that, just try not to spread it around. It wouldn't
>> be good for business.
>>
>> Vic:
>> Is there any special reason why those horses are harnessed to the front
>> of it?
>>
>> LL Manager:
>> Glad you asked. Fact is we pride ourselves by doing our own servicing.
>> When the engine died we replaced it with some real horsepower. Good
>> reliable runners. Take my word for it.
>>
>> Vic:
>> I've taken more than enough crap for one day. I'm off to grab that MS
>> cab that's just pulled up, and what's the bet that it's fully registered,
>> certified, and has a driver who actually has a licence?
>>

>> E. Scrooge

> Total *******s.
>
> regards
>
> Thing

It's all completely true.
Just ask Vic.

E. Scrooge

Shane

Craig Shore wrote:

> Yeah, Roger does.

Speaking of Gaming consoles...
I hear the new wii rocks

--
Amalgamated Priest: I barely knew Philip, but as a clergyman I have no
problem telling his most intimate friends all about him.

blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

Shane wrote:
> Speaking of Gaming consoles...
> I hear the new wii rocks

it does!!

jasen

On 2006-12-08, E. Scrooge <scrooge@*shot.co.nz> wrote:

>> **** this shite! I'm getting the free Linux Limo next time!
>>
>> --
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

> LOL That's not bad.
> Except the free Linux Limo comes with **** all gas, no door locks, a dead
> battery, and 4 flat tyres.

not a problem as it also comes with 12 good tyres, and is diesel fueled
(and also runs on used cooking oil) the starter works off compressed
air.

the flat tyres are clearly labeled "experimental" or "incomplete."

Bye.
Jasen

steve

*sling wrote:

> Vic:
> I've taken more than enough crap for one day. I'm off to grab that MS cab
> that's just pulled up, and what's the bet that it's fully registered,
> certified, and has a driver who actually has a licence?

At least with Linux, there are hundreds of 'taxis' and each offers its own
level of service. Full service Linux distros include: Red Hat, Novell,
Xandros and Linspire....all nicely certified, licensed, supported....and
loads cheaper than the MS cab.

There is only one MS cab....and it only goes to one destination. Like it or
not and the fare is $600 per passenger.....and watch out for the people who
jump in at intersections and tell the driver to go somewhere else....while
YOU pay for it.

--
Only boring people are bored.

E. Scrooge

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> *sling wrote:
>

>> Vic:
>> I've taken more than enough crap for one day. I'm off to grab that MS
>> cab
>> that's just pulled up, and what's the bet that it's fully registered,
>> certified, and has a driver who actually has a licence?

> At least with Linux, there are hundreds of 'taxis' and each offers its own
> level of service. Full service Linux distros include: Red Hat, Novell,
> Xandros and Linspire....all nicely certified, licensed, supported....and
> loads cheaper than the MS cab.
>
> There is only one MS cab....and it only goes to one destination. Like it
> or
> not and the fare is $600 per passenger.....and watch out for the people
> who
> jump in at intersections and tell the driver to go somewhere else....while
> YOU pay for it.

You got it all wrong.
The MS cab will run on any fuel made by any non MS company. Parts aren't a
problem as parts from any non MS company will fit it.
It starts first time every time, and program that does cause an error can be
shut down without tipping out the apples from the cart.
MS cabs are used by the majority of the people on the planet. Linux Limos
are used by very few people who simply want to do things the hard way and
differently.

E. Scrooge

Philip

E. Scrooge wrote:
(snippity snip)

> LOL That's not bad.
> Except the free Linux Limo comes with **** all gas, no door locks, a dead
> battery, and 4 flat tyres.
>
> E. Scrooge

Well, actually, the Linux Limo turns out to be pretty close to the
latest Lexus, confortable, quiet, safe, beautifully designed and
unobtrusive.

It uses less gas, handles perfectly and complies with all regulations.

And the service is free, and as easy as asking on the Internet.

Looks like a good choice to me.

Philip