Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Printer not located in new laptop from wireless network

Printer not located in new laptop from wireless network

=?Utf-8?B?dG1jZ2luNzEwMzk1?=

We have an existing wireless home network that consists of two destops and
one laptop. The system has been running for sometime without issue. We
recently bought two Dell laptops and were able to successfully connect them
to the network for email and internet without problem.

When we tried to run the "add printer wizard"; the new laptops do not find
the printer we are using on the network. The other computers on the network
still have contact with the printer and it works well.

Printer sharing has been enabled and the system firewall is not in the way
either.

Any help would be appreciated! Julie

Dave B

How is this printer connected to the network? Shared via a PC? Directly via
CAT5? Wireless? Using the Force?

"tmcgin710395" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We have an existing wireless home network that consists of two destops and
> one laptop. The system has been running for sometime without issue. We
> recently bought two Dell laptops and were able to successfully connect
> them
> to the network for email and internet without problem.
>
> When we tried to run the "add printer wizard"; the new laptops do not find
> the printer we are using on the network. The other computers on the
> network
> still have contact with the printer and it works well.
>
> Printer sharing has been enabled and the system firewall is not in the way
> either.
>
> Any help would be appreciated! Julie

=?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ3aGl6MTIz?=

I have had this same problem myself. I just got this new laptop yesterday. I
had trouble accessing shared files on my network and installing a network
printer, like you. You should keep the Windows Firewall active and disable
any other firewalls, such as Norton internet security firewall, or any other
third party firewall. If you have Norton, you can simply disable just the
Personal Firewall. Once you do this restart, and you should be able to
install your printer.

"tmcgin710395" wrote:

> We have an existing wireless home network that consists of two destops and
> one laptop. The system has been running for sometime without issue. We
> recently bought two Dell laptops and were able to successfully connect them
> to the network for email and internet without problem.
>
> When we tried to run the "add printer wizard"; the new laptops do not find
> the printer we are using on the network. The other computers on the network
> still have contact with the printer and it works well.
>
> Printer sharing has been enabled and the system firewall is not in the way
> either.
>
> Any help would be appreciated! Julie

=?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ3aGl6MTIz?=

Did it work? Was I right? I'd like to know if you were having the same
prolbem as me. Post a reply, will ya?