Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > OWA over pvt SSL cert to mobile phone?

OWA over pvt SSL cert to mobile phone?

Dave Doe

Hi,

Can the Subj work?

I have been asked to setup OWA for a client (SBS 2000 premium (w' ISA
server) - and I would like to secure it via a private SSL certifcate.

Only I wonder how this would work if you have a web capable mobile
phone?

The phone in question (specifically) is a Palm 1 Treo. Can these things
(web capable phones) download and install SSL certs?).

--
Duncan

Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

"Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> Hi,
>
> Can the Subj work?
>
> I have been asked to setup OWA for a client (SBS 2000 premium (w' ISA
> server) - and I would like to secure it via a private SSL certifcate.
>
> Only I wonder how this would work if you have a web capable mobile
> phone?
>
> The phone in question (specifically) is a Palm 1 Treo. Can these things
> (web capable phones) download and install SSL certs?).
>
> --
> Duncan

You want to use OMA, not OWA. PalmOne Treo so I suppose it's the Palm OS
version, not the Windows Mobile. I don't think you can on Palm OS, but you
have to check in the browser...

On Windows Mobile you just have to load the cert for the CA into the device,
tap it in File Explorer and it will load into the Certificate Storage.

--

Mauricio Freitas
www.geekzone.co.nz

Dave Doe

In article <456e7530$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> "Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can the Subj work?
> >
> > I have been asked to setup OWA for a client (SBS 2000 premium (w' ISA
> > server) - and I would like to secure it via a private SSL certifcate.
> >
> > Only I wonder how this would work if you have a web capable mobile
> > phone?
> >
> > The phone in question (specifically) is a Palm 1 Treo. Can these things
> > (web capable phones) download and install SSL certs?).
> >
> > --
> > Duncan

> You want to use OMA, not OWA. PalmOne Treo so I suppose it's the Palm OS
> version, not the Windows Mobile. I don't think you can on Palm OS, but you
> have to check in the browser...
>
> On Windows Mobile you just have to load the cert for the CA into the device,
> tap it in File Explorer and it will load into the Certificate Storage.

Thanks, good to know. PS: sbs2000=exchange server 2000 - I don't
remember hearing about oma for that (now quite old) version. Do you
know?

--
Duncan

Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

"Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) z...
> In article <456e7530$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>

>> "Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Can the Subj work?
>> >
>> > I have been asked to setup OWA for a client (SBS 2000 premium (w' ISA
>> > server) - and I would like to secure it via a private SSL certifcate.
>> >
>> > Only I wonder how this would work if you have a web capable mobile
>> > phone?
>> >
>> > The phone in question (specifically) is a Palm 1 Treo. Can these
>> > things
>> > (web capable phones) download and install SSL certs?).
>> >
>> > --
>> > Duncan

>> You want to use OMA, not OWA. PalmOne Treo so I suppose it's the Palm OS
>> version, not the Windows Mobile. I don't think you can on Palm OS, but
>> you
>> have to check in the browser...
>>
>> On Windows Mobile you just have to load the cert for the CA into the
>> device,
>> tap it in File Explorer and it will load into the Certificate Storage.

> Thanks, good to know. PS: sbs2000=exchange server 2000 - I don't
> remember hearing about oma for that (now quite old) version. Do you
> know?
>
> --
> Duncan

You might have to investigate the MIS (Mobile Information Server)
software...

--

Mauricio Freitas
www.geekzone.co.nz