Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Has Henrynet news server gone?

Has Henrynet news server gone?

John S

During all the drama when Xtra pulled its Usenet service, someone suggested
subscribing to the free Henrynet news service (which I did, to see how good
it was).

Well, it looks to me as though Henrynet has disappeared, unless something
is wrong with the settings on my computer.

Any other Henrynet users to confirm this?

I found Henrynet useful because it supported alt.os.linux.ubuntu which
isn't available from Paradise.

Being a Paradise customer at the moment I'm effectively incommunicado as
far as usenet is concerned, (apart from the NZ groups Paradise is choosing
to support).

Cheers,

John S

Ralph Fox

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 18:13:14 +1300, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
John S wrote:

> I found Henrynet useful because it supported alt.os.linux.ubuntu which
> isn't available from Paradise.

Checking my newsgroup directory, this group is available both from
nntp.aioe.org and from Supernews.

--
Cheers,
Ralph