Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Rich Tennant

Rich Tennant

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Tech support versus a vending machine:
<http://www.gocomics.com/thefifthwave/2006/09/24/>.

He's been doing cartoons for decades--the first geek humorist I thought was
actually funny. He was the one who came up with "On the Internet, nobody
knows you're a dog".

Collector»NZ

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> Tech support versus a vending machine:
> <http://www.gocomics.com/thefifthwave/2006/09/24/>.
>
> He's been doing cartoons for decades--the first geek humorist I thought was
> actually funny. He was the one who came up with "On the Internet, nobody
> knows you're a dog".

There are some great ones in there that I can really relate to as a IT person

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <45676eb2$(E-Mail Removed)>, Collector»NZ wrote:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> Tech support versus a vending machine:
>> <http://www.gocomics.com/thefifthwave/2006/09/24/>.
>>
>> He's been doing cartoons for decades--the first geek humorist I thought
>> was actually funny. He was the one who came up with "On the Internet,
>> nobody knows you're a dog".

> There are some great ones in there that I can really relate to as a IT
> person

He did a prescient one back in the days when the main x86 processor was the
80386. It showed a lab of people testing prototype 586-based machines, each
one of which had a giant set of fan cowlings on it. One of the testers is
explaining to a visitor: "I SAID, 'SO FAR, HEAT HASN'T BEEN A PROBLEM'!"

There were also three books released of compilations of his cartoons. I
bought them from Amazon several years ago.

Jamie Kahn Genet

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:

> Tech support versus a vending machine:
> <http://www.gocomics.com/thefifthwave/2006/09/24/>.
>
> He's been doing cartoons for decades--the first geek humorist I thought was
> actually funny. He was the one who came up with "On the Internet, nobody
> knows you're a dog".

Love his cartoons in certain 'for Dummies' books. I wish I could find an
in-print collection of his cartoons to buy.

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet