Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > multiple wireless router modems

multiple wireless router modems

Ray

Can you have multiple wireless broadband modems in close proximity to each
other.
wireless required in build with serveral floors but masive old victorain
mansion,

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

You can have only one Modem connected to a single Internet source.

The modem should lead to One Wireless Router.

You can plug many Access Points to the single Wireless Router, and spread
them as necessary over the building.

May be this can Help.

Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging

Hi Gain Antenna - http://www.ezlan.net/antennae.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can you have multiple wireless broadband modems in close proximity to each
> other.
> wireless required in build with serveral floors but masive old victorain
> mansion,

Ray

The building currently has 3 seperate lines for wired broadband. due to the
infrastructure and design of building, a single wireless modem signal is not
strong enough to penetrate through floors of building.

Intend simply replacing each wired broad band on each floor with wireless
modem, even though if may only be approx 20ft between floors.

Is this ok and will wireless modems clash.
Usage is for internet access only, by same uses that move around biulding.

Regards

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> You can have only one Modem connected to a single Internet source.
>
> The modem should lead to One Wireless Router.
>
> You can plug many Access Points to the single Wireless Router, and spread
> them as necessary over the building.
>
> May be this can Help.
>
> Extending Distance: http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html
>
> Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
>
> Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging
>
> Hi Gain Antenna - http://www.ezlan.net/antennae.html
>
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can you have multiple wireless broadband modems in close proximity to
>> each other.
>> wireless required in build with serveral floors but masive old victorain
>> mansion,

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

It hard to give you definite answer since your are not using terminology
that is commonly agreed upon.

If the plan is to put multiple Access Point trough the building. Yes it can
work and if configured correctly it would not clash.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> The building currently has 3 seperate lines for wired broadband. due to
> the infrastructure and design of building, a single wireless modem signal
> is not strong enough to penetrate through floors of building.
>
> Intend simply replacing each wired broad band on each floor with wireless
> modem, even though if may only be approx 20ft between floors.
>
> Is this ok and will wireless modems clash.
> Usage is for internet access only, by same uses that move around biulding.
>
> Regards
>
> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>>
>> You can have only one Modem connected to a single Internet source.
>>
>> The modem should lead to One Wireless Router.
>>
>> You can plug many Access Points to the single Wireless Router, and spread
>> them as necessary over the building.
>>
>> May be this can Help.
>>
>> Extending Distance: http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html
>>
>> Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
>>
>> Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging
>>
>> Hi Gain Antenna - http://www.ezlan.net/antennae.html
>>
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>

>> "Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Can you have multiple wireless broadband modems in close proximity to
>>> each other.
>>> wireless required in build with serveral floors but masive old victorain
>>> mansion,

Eugene

What you want to do is possible.

Buffalo has the best technology as far as I know, which will allow you to
bridge multiple devices.

Depending on how many floors you have have, you can bridge (using WDS) six
devices coming off of one(i.e, if you have four floors, you can bridge three
devices off the main router going up and then to go across the floor, you
can bridge up to 5 devices off of each bridge).

You can use a laptop running windows xp to perform a simplistic site survey
and where the signal drop, add a repeater/bridge to boost it.