Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Paradise newsgroups

Paradise newsgroups

James McLaughlin

Hey.

Obviously they're bung again. Has anyone got a previous helpdesk code
that I can quote when I complain?

By the way, if anyone's looking for a new ISP, skip Paradise.

Thanks,
James

Ralph Fox

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:41:26 +1300, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
James McLaughlin wrote:

> Obviously they're bung again. Has anyone got a previous helpdesk code
> that I can quote when I complain?
>
> By the way, if anyone's looking for a new ISP, skip Paradise.

The Clear/Paradise news server does this every month.

Apparently it uses up its monthly data cap with its upstream
international news provider.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

Finch

I'd highly recommend groups.google.com

Works for me

Ralph Fox wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:41:26 +1300, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> James McLaughlin wrote:
>
> > Obviously they're bung again. Has anyone got a previous helpdesk code
> > that I can quote when I complain?
> >
> > By the way, if anyone's looking for a new ISP, skip Paradise.

> The Clear/Paradise news server does this every month.
>
> Apparently it uses up its monthly data cap with its upstream
> international news provider.
>

> --
> Cheers,
> Ralph
>
> "There is only one boss, the customer. And he can fire everybody in
> the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money
> somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

Mathew Good

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:41:26 +1300, James McLaughlin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hey.
>
>Obviously they're bung again. Has anyone got a previous helpdesk code
>that I can quote when I complain?
>
>By the way, if anyone's looking for a new ISP, skip Paradise.

NEVER..

>Thanks,
>James

Ralph Fox

On 20 Nov 2006 22:26:42 -0800, in message <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
Finch wrote:

> I'd highly recommend groups.google.com

I'll stick with my premium NSP.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

Alan Keatinge

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 06:10:26 +0000, Ralph Fox <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:41:26 +1300, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>James McLaughlin wrote:
>
>> Obviously they're bung again. Has anyone got a previous helpdesk code
>> that I can quote when I complain?
>>
>> By the way, if anyone's looking for a new ISP, skip Paradise.

>The Clear/Paradise news server does this every month.
>
>Apparently it uses up its monthly data cap with its upstream
>international news provider.

I rang the help desk repeatedly last month when this happened. I would
have been more successful asking our cat. All I got were endless
excuses. "We know there is a problem and we are working on it"

So in the end I wrote to the postmaster http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
and a week later they rang me to say that they had had problems with
their international server, had increased their capacity and would
hope things would be o.k now.

Obviously nothing has changed. what annoys me is that Paradise never
had any problems before.

Can anyone suggest a good ISP that has newsgroups as I have had enough
of Paradise.

Alan Keatinge

Dave Doe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 06:10:26 +0000, Ralph Fox <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:41:26 +1300, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >James McLaughlin wrote:
> >
> >> Obviously they're bung again. Has anyone got a previous helpdesk code
> >> that I can quote when I complain?
> >>
> >> By the way, if anyone's looking for a new ISP, skip Paradise.

> >The Clear/Paradise news server does this every month.
> >
> >Apparently it uses up its monthly data cap with its upstream
> >international news provider.

> I rang the help desk repeatedly last month when this happened. I would
> have been more successful asking our cat. All I got were endless
> excuses. "We know there is a problem and we are working on it"
>
> So in the end I wrote to the postmaster (E-Mail Removed)
> and a week later they rang me to say that they had had problems with
> their international server, had increased their capacity and would
> hope things would be o.k now.
>
> Obviously nothing has changed. what annoys me is that Paradise never
> had any problems before.
>
> Can anyone suggest a good ISP that has newsgroups as I have had enough
> of Paradise.

You'll be hard pressed - methinks. Paradise/Clear's NG's (at about
79,800 groups) is the best I've ever found, as far as local ISP's go.
Just a shame they don't have the capacity from their server to get 'em
(all).

I'm ****ed off too - was gonna type a reply to a post in
rec.aviation.soaring re Owen Truelove, but that's one of the groups that
stopped updating a couple days ago. ****es me off!!! I just wanted to
post a nu link on the OGC website (which I host) that I noted the
webmaster had made...
http://www.omarama.com/Default.aspx?tabid=257

But I bloody can't!

Maybe someone nice here could do it for me? - the Subj is:
'Gliding accident-NZ' (and it's in rec.aviation.soaring).

--
Duncan