Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Slingshot email playing up

Slingshot email playing up

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <4560e951$(E-Mail Removed)>, Richard wrote:

> Vista wrote:
>
>> But what if their harddrives become corrupted, and they can't restore
>> your email data.

> Even all the pay providers take no respon[s]ibility.

I use POP exclusively to get e-mail from my ISP, so I'm willing to take that
risk. At worst I lose the last few days' worth of e-mails that they
received, that I haven't downloaded yet. Everything else is my
responsibility.

Those who rely on other people's servers to keep all their e-mail should
read this cautionary tale:
<http://www.emailbattles.com/2006/09/07/fastmail-takes-a-powder/>.