Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > IE7 - Things that annoy me

Reply
Thread Tools

IE7 - Things that annoy me

 
 
whome
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2006
Largely, IE7 is quite nice.

But, I don't like the following...

The back arrow button in the top left hand corner has lost it's history
dropdown list. So, you can't jump back 3 pages in one go, instead, you have
to go back once '3' times. For some strange reason, they kept the
'history' dropdown list on the 'forward arrow button'. To me, it seems more
intuitive to keep the dropdown list on the back button.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nathan Mercer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2006

whome wrote:
> Largely, IE7 is quite nice.
>
> But, I don't like the following...
>
> The back arrow button in the top left hand corner has lost it's history
> dropdown list. So, you can't jump back 3 pages in one go, instead, you have
> to go back once '3' times. For some strange reason, they kept the
> 'history' dropdown list on the 'forward arrow button'. To me, it seems more
> intuitive to keep the dropdown list on the back button.


Its there, that drop down does forwards and backwards

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Chris Lim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-14-2006
whome wrote:
> Largely, IE7 is quite nice.


Yuck, you think so? I just couldn't get used to the location of the
Refresh and Stop buttons. *Every* time I went to look for them I went
to the middle/left of the screen and had to remind myself that were on
the right (which at 1280x1024 on a 19" LCD is a reasonable distance).
It annoyed me so much I uninstalled it and switched to Firefox 2
instead.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Miguel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-14-2006

whome wrote:
> Largely, IE7 is quite nice.
>


Slightly OT sorry....does IE7 have a built-in irc client, mail client
and bittorrent client similar to Opera 9.

I'm just curious cos I haven't used IE since IE 5.5 and am wondering if
it's keeping pace with Opera or if it's off doing its own thing.

Regards
Miguel

 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Lim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-14-2006
Miguel wrote:
> Slightly OT sorry....does IE7 have a built-in irc client, mail client
> and bittorrent client similar to Opera 9.


No, I don't believe it has any of those things built-in.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Zipper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-14-2006
Miguel wrote:
> whome wrote:
>> Largely, IE7 is quite nice.
>>

>
> Slightly OT sorry....does IE7 have a built-in irc client, mail client
> and bittorrent client similar to Opera 9.
>
> I'm just curious cos I haven't used IE since IE 5.5 and am wondering if
> it's keeping pace with Opera or if it's off doing its own thing.
>
> Regards
> Miguel
>


The torrent part of Opera was one of the first things I had to google
for to work out how to turn it off. Was really annoying it just hijacked
any torrent link you clicked on and wouldn't give the option of just
saving the torrent file and there was no obvious & clear way to turn it off.

I really like Opera but I hope they are not heading down the path of
adding tons of things that don't belong in a browser.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Miguel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-14-2006

Zipper wrote:

> I really like Opera but I hope they are not heading down the path of
> adding tons of things that don't belong in a browser.


Tend to agree with you...I wasn't trying to say "my browser is better
than your browser" to any IE 7 users.

But I'm just about to set up a friends computer (medium-user) over the
weekend and was wondering why he needs four programmes (IE7, mIRC,
uTorrent and OE6) when I could just set up Opera and leave it at that.

Regards
Miguel

 
Reply With Quote
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-14-2006
In message <(E-Mail Removed) .com>, Miguel
wrote:

> Zipper wrote:
>
>> I really like Opera but I hope they are not heading down the path of
>> adding tons of things that don't belong in a browser.

>
> Tend to agree with you...I wasn't trying to say "my browser is better
> than your browser" to any IE 7 users.
>
> But I'm just about to set up a friends computer (medium-user) over the
> weekend and was wondering why he needs four programmes (IE7, mIRC,
> uTorrent and OE6) when I could just set up Opera and leave it at that.


How about the fact that, with separate programs, each one can concentrate on
what it does best, and they're not using memory when you're not running
them?
 
Reply With Quote
 
E. Scrooge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-14-2006

"whome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Largely, IE7 is quite nice.
>
> But, I don't like the following...
>
> The back arrow button in the top left hand corner has lost it's history
> dropdown list. So, you can't jump back 3 pages in one go, instead, you
> have to go back once '3' times. For some strange reason, they kept the
> 'history' dropdown list on the 'forward arrow button'. To me, it seems
> more intuitive to keep the dropdown list on the back button.


Is that all?

Have you found your TIF folder yet?

It's still in the same place but now hidden as a main System file / folder.
Revealing it reveals everything including a System icon that was hidden on
the Desktop.

Why MS chose to change the TIF folder to be more carefully hidden God and MS
USA only knows.

Main menu has to be selected.
New email icon has to be selected and added.

E. Scrooge


 
Reply With Quote
 
whome
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-14-2006

"E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
news:1163491803.740161@ftpsrv1...
>
> "whome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> Largely, IE7 is quite nice.
>>
>> But, I don't like the following...
>>
>> The back arrow button in the top left hand corner has lost it's history
>> dropdown list. So, you can't jump back 3 pages in one go, instead, you
>> have to go back once '3' times. For some strange reason, they kept the
>> 'history' dropdown list on the 'forward arrow button'. To me, it seems
>> more intuitive to keep the dropdown list on the back button.

>
> Is that all?
>
> Have you found your TIF folder yet?
>
> It's still in the same place but now hidden as a main System file /
> folder. Revealing it reveals everything including a System icon that was
> hidden on the Desktop.
>
> Why MS chose to change the TIF folder to be more carefully hidden God and
> MS USA only knows.
>
> Main menu has to be selected.
> New email icon has to be selected and added.
>
> E. Scrooge
>


He he, now I find that isn't even a problem. Actually, IE7 is quite good.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problem in running a basic code in python 3.3.0 that includes HTML file Satabdi Mukherjee Python 1 04-04-2013 07:48 PM
IE7 on XP vs IE7 on Vista Jeff Louella HTML 9 03-02-2007 02:25 AM
vs2005 publish website doing bad things, bad things =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbSBTdWxsaXZhbg==?= ASP .Net 1 10-25-2006 06:18 PM
Anonymous flames and negative feedback with "intent to annoy" now a felony? yENC Man Computer Support 28 01-14-2006 05:28 AM
The three things that annoy my with digital BG250 Digital Photography 23 10-07-2004 10:03 PM



Advertisments