Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox still keeps running after closing

Firefox still keeps running after closing

TheCroW

Firefox (1.5.0.1, Dutch version) still has the problem that when closed, it
stays active in the background. Have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del and then there
close it. This bug has been in many versions now.

--
Menno
=====================

BOB

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:37:11 +0200, "TheCroW" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Firefox (1.5.0.1, Dutch version) still has the problem that when closed, it
>stays active in the background. Have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del and then there
>close it. This bug has been in many versions now.

Do this
Control-Alt-Delete
This Find the Firefox.exe
Select it
Then click "end process"
Then close the dialog box
ALL DONE

That's all you have to do.

Takes like 2 seconds, sometimes less.

Once you do this a few times you get really good at it and it becomes
fast and you get good at it and it becomes second nature like cutting
off a light switch or walking.

Good luck.
You're using the dutch version. I assume you're dutch....Is it true,
the stories I read as a child about the people in the netherlands,
about the little boy holding back the water in the dyke with his thumb
all day? I remember that book, forgot the name of the book but the
teacher read that story to us and we were all very interested in the
story all day long. We all wondered what happened to that boy. We all
talked about it all week. Some of us pretended to be the boy at
recess.

Anyway, good luck sir.
God Speed

gwtc

TheCroW wrote:

> Firefox (1.5.0.1, Dutch version) still has the problem that when closed, it
> stays active in the background. Have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del and then there
> close it. This bug has been in many versions now.

Yes, its still a problem, and they still don't know how to solve it.

One solution might be to click on File, Exit

--
Something to Ponder: Why is it that people say they "slept like a
baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

gwtc

BOB wrote:

> Good luck.
> You're using the dutch version. I assume you're dutch....Is it true,
> the stories I read as a child about the people in the netherlands,
> about the little boy holding back the water in the dyke with his thumb
> all day? I remember that book, forgot the name of the book but the
> teacher read that story to us and we were all very interested in the
> story all day long. We all wondered what happened to that boy. We all
> talked about it all week. Some of us pretended to be the boy at
> recess.

what an insult to the Nederlanders. Dutch is an American term that
came about when the Pennsylvania Dutch came over.

--
Something to Ponder: Why is it that people say they "slept like a
baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

BOB

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:29:03 -0700, gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)37>
wrote:

>BOB wrote:
>
>> Good luck.
>> You're using the dutch version. I assume you're dutch....Is it true,
>> the stories I read as a child about the people in the netherlands,
>> about the little boy holding back the water in the dyke with his thumb
>> all day? I remember that book, forgot the name of the book but the
>> teacher read that story to us and we were all very interested in the
>> story all day long. We all wondered what happened to that boy. We all
>> talked about it all week. Some of us pretended to be the boy at
>> recess.

>what an insult to the Nederlanders. Dutch is an American term that
>came about when the Pennsylvania Dutch came over.

I insulted him by referencing a book read to me as a child?
Understanding that as a child I had NO CHOICE in being told the term
"DUTCH"? It was not as if I decided one day, "I think I'll call those
people DUTCH to offend them cause I am a racist pig and I hate those
people so deeply".

You sound like a person who never got any until they were well into
their 20's

BOB

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:24:20 -0700, gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)37>
wrote:

>TheCroW wrote:
>
>> Firefox (1.5.0.1, Dutch version) still has the problem that when closed, it
>> stays active in the background. Have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del and then there
>> close it. This bug has been in many versions now.
>>

>Yes, its still a problem, and they still don't know how to solve it.
>
>One solution might be to click on File, Exit

And that's why you get the big bucks at work.

mike555

=== you may have a bad theme, try starting in safe mode, if that
works and shuts down ok, them try another theme............ or if you
have the program "Firefox Preloader " installed , you'll need to shut
it off ==========

BOB

On 12 Apr 2006 12:11:13 -0700, "mike555" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> === you may have a bad theme, try starting in safe mode, if that
>works and shuts down ok, them try another theme............ or if you
>have the program "Firefox Preloader " installed , you'll need to shut
>it off ==========

theme as in essays?

where? under which tab/menu is that located?

thancks?

TheCroW

> > Firefox (1.5.0.1, Dutch version) still has the problem that when closed,
it
> > stays active in the background. Have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del and then there
> > close it. This bug has been in many versions now.
> >

> Yes, its still a problem, and they still don't know how to solve it.
>
> One solution might be to click on File, Exit
>
> --

Mmm, okay maybe that helps instead of just using the X ... will give it a
try.

Menno

TheCroW

> === you may have a bad theme, try starting in safe mode, if that
> works and shuts down ok, them try another theme............ or if you
> have the program "Firefox Preloader " installed , you'll need to shut

I am using 1 theme only and that's GrayModern (v 0.7) ... but allready tried
Safe Mode and so on, used no theme ... but no difference. And no Preloader
or whatever used here.
Thx anyway

Menno