Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Is i.e 7 slower than 6

Is i.e 7 slower than 6

kiwinebula

Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to performance,
is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if someone who has
actually tried out both would tell me. Bearing in mind that i am running
win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.

Thanks

Cima

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:

>Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to performance,
>is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if someone who has
>actually tried out both would tell me. Bearing in mind that i am running
>win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.
>
>Thanks

IE7 doesn't run on Win98.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...s/default.mspx

kiwinebula

"Cima" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:
>
> >Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to

performance,
> >is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if someone who has
> >actually tried out both would tell me. Bearing in mind that i am running
> >win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.
> >
> >Thanks

> IE7 doesn't run on Win98.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...s/default.mspx

****, should have realised that, thanks for pointing it out.

Fred Dagg

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula>
exclaimed:

>Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to performance,
>is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if someone who has
>actually tried out both would tell me. Bearing in mind that i am running
>win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.

IE7 won't work on Win98.

FWIW, I've actually found it to be a little quicker at rendering
pages.

Christian Grams

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:

>Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to performance,
>is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if someone who has
>actually tried out both would tell me.

So youi have not actually tried it and are already making remarks
about speed?

IE7 is on a "normal" system (WinXP,512 Mb RAM,minimum 2 GHz CPU)
definitely faster in rendering webpages.

> Bearing in mind that i am running
>win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.

Maybe next time you should first check what you are talking about. IE7
will not run on Win98.

>Thanks

Sure!

kiwinebula

"Christian Grams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:
>
> >Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to

performance,
> >is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if someone who has
> >actually tried out both would tell me.

> So youi have not actually tried it and are already making remarks
> about speed?
>
> IE7 is on a "normal" system (WinXP,512 Mb RAM,minimum 2 GHz CPU)
> definitely faster in rendering webpages.
>
> > Bearing in mind that i am running
> >win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.

> Maybe next time you should first check what you are talking about. IE7
> will not run on Win98.
>

> >Thanks
> >

> Sure!

What drugs are you on, whatever they are they are not doing you any good.

Chris Lim

Christian Grams wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:
>
> >Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to performance,
> >is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if someone who has
> >actually tried out both would tell me.

> So youi have not actually tried it and are already making remarks
> about speed?

Huh? He/she was asking a question, not making a comment. Leaving out
the question mark probably didn't help, but it was still obvious.

juicyjuice

Christian Grams wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:

> Maybe next time you should first check what you are talking about. IE7
> will not run on Win98.

Maybe next time you should check each post in the thread and you would find
that 2 other people have already stated this fact, and with less arrogance
than you.

Christian Grams

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 03:09:31 +1300, "juicyjuice" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Christian Grams wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:

>> Maybe next time you should first check what you are talking about. IE7
>> will not run on Win98.
>>

>Maybe next time you should check each post in the thread and you would find
>that 2 other people have already stated this fact, and with less arrogance
>than you.

LOL diito for you as well.

Funny how people can quickly get up the palm tree. I only state the
obvisious.

kiwinebula

"Christian Grams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 03:09:31 +1300, "juicyjuice" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Christian Grams wrote:
> >> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:

> >> Maybe next time you should first check what you are talking about. IE7
> >> will not run on Win98.
> >>

> >Maybe next time you should check each post in the thread and you would

find
> >that 2 other people have already stated this fact, and with less

arrogance
> >than you.
> >

> LOL diito for you as well.
>
> Funny how people can quickly get up the palm tree. I only state the
> obvisious.

Good you can laugh at yourself then because you were the first one up the
palm tree.