Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > I like Logitech...

I like Logitech...

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

The first bit of Logitech gear I owned was this Dual Optical mouse I was
given about four years ago. It's got a nice feel to it. It's started to
develop problems, though: if I roll the wheel upwards too fast, it seems to
think I've clicked the button (when I haven't). Also more recently the
right button has started to pretend it's been released before I actually
let go.

In spite of these irritations, I still prefer using it to my other mice.

Now I see there's a new G5 mouse. Anybody got any opinions on that?

Nicolaas Hawkins

On 10 Nov 06, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

| The first bit of Logitech gear I owned was this Dual Optical mouse I
| was given about four years ago. It's got a nice feel to it. It's
| started to develop problems, though: if I roll the wheel upwards too
| fast, it seems to think I've clicked the button (when I haven't).
| Also more recently the right button has started to pretend it's been
| released before I actually let go.
|
| In spite of these irritations, I still prefer using it to my other
| mice.
|
| Now I see there's a new G5 mouse. Anybody got any opinions on that?

After four years of service, maybe it's time to take it apart and get
rid of the cobwebs, perhaps a spot [only!] of plastics grease or
silicone on the wheel pivots, clean between the spokes of the wheel,
and generally give it a birthday.

--
Regards,
Nicolaas

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

> After four years of service, maybe it's time to take it apart and get
> rid of the cobwebs, perhaps a spot [only!] of plastics grease or
> silicone on the wheel pivots, clean between the spokes of the wheel,
> and generally give it a birthday.

A few months ago, I took the Dual Optical around to a repair guy I know, who
has a lot more experience with hardware than I have. He did open it up and
clean it, but it made no difference to the wheel problem. (This was before
the right-button problem began to manifest.)

Jerry

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> The first bit of Logitech gear I owned was this Dual Optical mouse I was
> given about four years ago. It's got a nice feel to it. It's started to
> develop problems, though: if I roll the wheel upwards too fast, it seems to
> think I've clicked the button (when I haven't). Also more recently the
> right button has started to pretend it's been released before I actually
> let go.
>
> In spite of these irritations, I still prefer using it to my other mice.
>
> Now I see there's a new G5 mouse. Anybody got any opinions on that?

I haven't tried that one, but it should be a nice mouse. Logitech does
make some very nice gear. I have a Logitech cordless wireless
rechargable mouse and I love it.

zipdisk@clearme.org.nz

On 10 Nov 2006 16:18:35 +1300, "Nicolaas Hawkins" <grumpy.mole@large> wrote:

>On 10 Nov 06, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
>| The first bit of Logitech gear I owned was this Dual Optical mouse I
>| was given about four years ago. It's got a nice feel to it. It's
>| started to develop problems, though: if I roll the wheel upwards too
>| fast, it seems to think I've clicked the button (when I haven't).
>| Also more recently the right button has started to pretend it's been
>| released before I actually let go.
>|
>| In spite of these irritations, I still prefer using it to my other
>| mice.
>|
>| Now I see there's a new G5 mouse. Anybody got any opinions on that?

Don't I do not like mine, recently it keeps losing the desk and then goes berserk, plus only one
side button.

>After four years of service, maybe it's time to take it apart and get
>rid of the cobwebs, perhaps a spot [only!] of plastics grease or
>silicone on the wheel pivots, clean between the spokes of the wheel,
>and generally give it a birthday.

Enkidu

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> The first bit of Logitech gear I owned was this Dual Optical mouse I was
> given about four years ago. It's got a nice feel to it. It's started to
> develop problems, though: if I roll the wheel upwards too fast, it seems to
> think I've clicked the button (when I haven't). Also more recently the
> right button has started to pretend it's been released before I actually
> let go.
>
> In spite of these irritations, I still prefer using it to my other mice.

*Four years?* My mice last 3 to 4 months at most! Opticals last 6 months
or so.

Cheers,

Cliff

Peter Huebner

In article <ej0n68$pbe$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)_zealand
says...

> The first bit of Logitech gear I owned was this Dual Optical mouse I was
> given about four years ago. It's got a nice feel to it. It's started to
> develop problems, though: if I roll the wheel upwards too fast, it seems to
> think I've clicked the button (when I haven't). Also more recently the
> right button has started to pretend it's been released before I actually
> let go.
>
> In spite of these irritations, I still prefer using it to my other mice.
>
> Now I see there's a new G5 mouse. Anybody got any opinions on that?

Not sure which one the G5 is but there is a cordless optical one with a
charging station/receiver that I covet. Just now I have one of the earlier
cordless desktop combos, the cordless optical mouse is a sweetie & very good
for gaming. Had it for 4-6 years now. This thing gets thrashed for many hours
each day and it still looks nearly like new. Only 'problem' is that the nimh
batteries are empty after 1-2 weeks. No biggie since I have 6 and at least 2
are always topped up.
I am just not sure what will happen when I pull the mouse plug of the dual
receiver outta the comp and plug a different receiver in ... if the two
receivers would interfere with each other.

-P.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <45543432$(E-Mail Removed)>, Enkidu wrote:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
>> The first bit of Logitech gear I owned was this Dual Optical mouse I was
>> given about four years ago. It's got a nice feel to it. It's started to
>> develop problems, though: if I roll the wheel upwards too fast, it seems
>> to think I've clicked the button (when I haven't). Also more recently the
>> right button has started to pretend it's been released before I actually
>> let go.
>>
>> In spite of these irritations, I still prefer using it to my other mice.
>>

> *Four years?* My mice last 3 to 4 months at most! Opticals last 6 months
> or so.

My G4 iMac is four and a half years old. Still with its original mouse. In
fact, I just gave the keyboard its first-ever clean with isopropyl and
cotton swabs today. It's almost back to its original white colour.

I expect my stuff to last a good long time, and most of it actually does.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)> , Peter Huebner
wrote:

> In article <ej0n68$pbe$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed)_zealand says...
>>
>> The first bit of Logitech gear I owned was this Dual Optical mouse I was
>> given about four years ago. It's got a nice feel to it. It's started to
>> develop problems, though: if I roll the wheel upwards too fast, it seems
>> to think I've clicked the button (when I haven't). Also more recently the
>> right button has started to pretend it's been released before I actually
>> let go.
>>
>> In spite of these irritations, I still prefer using it to my other mice.
>>
>> Now I see there's a new G5 mouse. Anybody got any opinions on that?

> Not sure which one the G5 is but there is a cordless optical one with a
> charging station/receiver that I covet.

No, the G5 is corded. I'm not a fan of cordless keyboards or mice.

Craig Shore

Get ****ed off at the computer and throw the mouse at the wall a lot do you?