Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > About Cisco Call Manager 4.x and Branch office IP Phone communication

About Cisco Call Manager 4.x and Branch office IP Phone communication

imranali.syed@gmail.com

Hello. I have a question about the setting up Cisco Call Manager 4.x to
assign directory # and dialtone to one IP Phone which is located at
remote site (branch Office) connected with IP WAN Link

Does CISCO Call Manager Have this kind of functionality??? or we must
have to use SRST enabled router at branch office, plz if your answer is
"Yes", could you tell me how to setting or any documents will solve my
question.

Thanks for your answer!!!

anybody43@hotmail.com

> Hello. I have a question about the setting up Cisco Call Manager 4.x to
> assign directory # and dialtone to one IP Phone which is located at
> remote site (branch Office) connected with IP WAN Link

This is straightforward.
If you are using DHCP you can use it at the remote office to
give the phone it's settings as usual. If not then you will need to
give the phone an IP and mask and gateway and I think
point it at the TFTP server (often the call manager). then is is
the same as setting up any other phone.

Clearly you will need to consider QoS.