Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > iHug's got problems...Other ISPs?

iHug's got problems...Other ISPs?

IRO

Is iHug the only ISP with big problems with their email?

It seems odd that a spam torrent would be directed at only one ISP, or
does the problem look more like a defect in their filters that has
brought the system to its knees?

--
~IRO
(enzed = nz)

Geopelia

"IRO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is iHug the only ISP with big problems with their email?
>
> It seems odd that a spam torrent would be directed at only one ISP, or
> does the problem look more like a defect in their filters that has
> brought the system to its knees?
>
> --
> ~IRO
> (enzed = nz)

xtra seems OK just now.
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

Geopelia

I've found that if I can't post to a newsgroup and get an error report by
clicking 'Send,' if I click 'Send and Receive' instead the message goes
through.

(Windows XP, OE6, xtra for email, aioe for newsgroups)

Maybe it's just my computer though.

Geopelia

Adam

Geopelia wrote:

> [ ....]
>
> xtra seems OK just now.

Well, next month's Consumer magazine has some unflattering survey results
for it.

Adam

Geopelia wrote:

> I've found that if I can't post to a newsgroup and get an error report by
> clicking 'Send,' if I click 'Send and Receive' instead the message goes
> through.
>
> (Windows XP, OE6, xtra for email, aioe for newsgroups)
>
> Maybe it's just my computer though.
>
> Geopelia

Cannot send or receive emails at all, now, Thursday morning.
Newsgroup send & receive OK.

Seems like they're in the thick of it just now. And the iHug homepage
network status says merely 'some delays in email'.

So I hope they get it sorted by the weekend.

Maybe iHug's transparency or honesty will improve under their new owners
Vodafone ?! Its been at least two days already, after all.

Will stay tuned.

Adam

And ... iHug mail server off the air at around mid-day Friday. No incomings
and no server connect for outgoings.

> Will stay tuned.

Geopelia

"Adam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eib27k$cub$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Geopelia wrote:
>
>> [ ....]
>>
>> xtra seems OK just now.

> Well, next month's Consumer magazine has some unflattering survey results
> for it.

That wouldn't surprise me. But I want my phone and email on the same bill.
I'll think about a move next time the computer has to go for repairs.

I got a survey by phone some time ago. I told them I wanted newsgroups.
Don't suppose it did any good though.

Stu Fleming

IRO wrote:
> Is iHug the only ISP with big problems with their email?
>
> It seems odd that a spam torrent would be directed at only one ISP, or
> does the problem look more like a defect in their filters that has
> brought the system to its knees?

No significant e-mail issues here.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <eiblql$98m$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:

> But I want my phone and email on the same bill.

You want a bill for email!?

Craig Shore

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:47:18 +1300, Adam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>And ... iHug mail server off the air at around mid-day Friday. No incomings
>and no server connect for outgoings.

It's not Friday yet, how can you see into the future?

This is what their status page says at 7:44pm

Email Delays - 01/11/2006 2006-11-02 17:59:05

overloaded. This issue has now been resolved.

What's the problem?
Following a significant increase in virus emails worldwide over the weekend,
ihugís servers have been overloaded. The increase in load led to email delays
and a backlog of emails to be cleared.

What did we do to resolve this?
We have installed additional servers to clear the back log and provide
additional capacity.

Expected time for resolution:
The backlog is now cleared. We apologise for the inconvenience this issue has
caused.

If you Got Questions? I bet We got Answers Leisure.201@gmail.com Javascript 1 04-28-2007 11:04 PM
have you got any of these i can have spike240 Case Modding 4 09-14-2005 03:48 AM
got an idea stlava Case Modding 8 07-14-2005 08:39 AM
Just got a new laptop =?Utf-8?B?QWRhbQ==?= Wireless Networking 4 03-26-2005 09:14 AM
I got trouble for Wireless LAN + Windows Me OS Kevin Daddy Wireless Networking 2 09-01-2004 09:48 AM

Advertisments