Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Microsoft buys Firefox??

Microsoft buys Firefox??

Flintstone

http://www.msfirefox.com/

Got the link from another site.

thingy

Flintstone wrote:
> http://www.msfirefox.com/
>

> Got the link from another site.

lol....cant be a MS site....it worked in Mozilla...

;]

regards

Thing

GraB

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:54:45 +1300, Flintstone
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.msfirefox.com/
>

>Got the link from another site.

Very good.

The following bare minimums are essential for the optimum operation of
MS Firefox 2007

* A Credit Card

* Microsoft(R) Windows(TM)/Vista Operating System

* Microsoft(R) Mouse & Keyboard (Hyperlinks will NOT work without
these)

* Live(TM) Messenger (Required API to maintain dangerous CPU
temperatures)

* Microsoft(R) Office 2007 (Provides the ability to scroll
webpages)

* Quad Core Processor (For loading Hotmail.com)

* Any SLI Configured Graphics Card > 512mb (TO Display High
Definition GIF Images)

* 1024 MB of RAM (Compensation for Frequent Memory Leaks)

* 483MB Disk Space

thingy

GraB wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:54:45 +1300, Flintstone
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> http://www.msfirefox.com/
>>

>> Got the link from another site.

> Very good.
>
> The following bare minimums are essential for the optimum operation of
> MS Firefox 2007
>
> * A Credit Card
>
> * Microsoft(R) Windows(TM)/Vista Operating System

It always annoys me when most games makers will make the game for as
wide a range of MS OSes as practical, yet MS usually makes their games
only playable in their current OS, Age of Empires 3, Dungeon Siege 2,
Halo (Vista only?) as just three examples hence while the bullet point
is a bit tongue in cheek it is actually true to form.

regards

Thing

Craig Shore

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:21:33 +1300, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:54:45 +1300, Flintstone
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>http://www.msfirefox.com/
>>

>>Got the link from another site.

>Very good.
>
>The following bare minimums are essential for the optimum operation of
>MS Firefox 2007

I thought the porn bit was funnier. Also the make a donation part was good too!

MaHogany

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:54:45 +1300, Flintstone wrote:

> http://www.msfirefox.com/
>

> Got the link from another site.

Excellent!

Ma Hogany

--
"The average user doesn't know what he wants. The average user wants
fries with that, if prompted."

MaHogany

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:41:31 +1300, thingy wrote:

> It always annoys me when most games makers will make the game for as
> wide a range of MS OSes as practical, yet MS usually makes their games
> only playable in their current OS, Age of Empires 3, Dungeon Siege 2,
> Halo (Vista only?) as just three examples hence while the bullet point
> is a bit tongue in cheek it is actually true to form.

MS is not in the business of selling software it is in the business of
making money, and if it makes more money by forcing people to buy another
and another and another version of M$ Windows... not to mention all the
other M$ software that won't work with the "upgraded" version of M$
Windows...

Ma Hogany

--
"The average user doesn't know what he wants. The average user wants
fries with that, if prompted."

Roger Johnstone

In <(E-Mail Removed)> thingy wrote:

> It always annoys me when most games makers will make the game for as
> wide a range of MS OSes as practical, yet MS usually makes their games
> only playable in their current OS, Age of Empires 3, Dungeon Siege 2,
> Halo (Vista only?) as just three examples hence while the bullet point
> is a bit tongue in cheek it is actually true to form.

To be fair Microsoft's current OS is five years old now! If your PC
didn't come with XP it probably means it's far too old to play those
games.

--
* Roger Johnstone, Invercargill, New Zealand -> http://roger.geek.nz
* PS/2 Mouse Adapter for vintage Apple II or Mac

Roger Johnstone

In <ei3eu0$fms$(E-Mail Removed)> Flintstone wrote:
> http://www.msfirefox.com/
>

> Got the link from another site.

Drat.

"Site off-line
Lawsuit in progress...stay tuned - Steve Allen"

This post on Crazy Apple Rumors Site is pretty funny though:

Jobs Announces Firefox 2.0

After its early release yesterday, Apple CEO Steve Jobs held a hasty
press conference this morning to announce Firefox 2.0.
Which struck the technology world as unusual as Apple does not make
Firefox.
"Firefox 2.0 is the best browser for the Mac," Jobs said. "And here?s
why.
"It?s standards-driven, stable and faster than lightning. It?s my new
browser of choice for OS X."
Drawing nothing but blank, confused stares from the gathered members of
the media, Jobs added "I went straight from Internet Explorer to Firefox.
"
Jobs then denied ever having heard the word "Safari" before, including
in its African context.
Listening to a webcast of Jobs? presentation, lead Firefox developer Ben
Goodger asked "What the hell is he talking about?"
Realization suddenly coming over Goodger?s face, he cried "Hey? hey? HEY!
He? he?s stealing our project!"

more...

http://www.crazyapplerumors.com/?p=708

--

Roger Johnstone wrote:
> In <(E-Mail Removed)> thingy wrote:
>
>> It always annoys me when most games makers will make the game for as
>> wide a range of MS OSes as practical, yet MS usually makes their games
>> only playable in their current OS, Age of Empires 3, Dungeon Siege 2,
>> Halo (Vista only?) as just three examples hence while the bullet point
>> is a bit tongue in cheek it is actually true to form.

> To be fair Microsoft's current OS is five years old now! If your PC
> didn't come with XP it probably means it's far too old to play those
> games.

Yes and no....I could upgrade the motherboard, cpu and ram for less than
$900 and have a great system still running win2k....trouble is I need
to spend $250 odd on a OEM of XP to play newer games....

regards

Thing