Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Firefox vs IE7

Firefox vs IE7

Chris Lim

Rob wrote:
> Heh, me too. I really dislike vista's ui, but then I don't like xp's
> ui either, always running in it classic mode.

I find XP's UI is okay. I think we'll find Vista to be a massive jump
though. I'll hold off upgrading as long as possible.

Speaking of upgrading, I have just upgraded my version of IE, from
version 7 to version 6. Version 6 is a huge improvement. A much much
better UI (e.g. toolbar buttons are nicely laid out and are
customisable) and also a huge performance increase.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <ehrb29$p27$(E-Mail Removed)>, Flintstone wrote:

> What do you guys think of the new browsers - FF 2.0 and IE7.
> Download.com had a comparison of FF and IE, and FF came out on top. 5
> out of 5 rounds.
>
> I think IE7 is a big improvement on the last version, but for me, FF
> wins hands down.

That seems to be the general opinion
<http://stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3845725a28,00.html>. Interesting that
Firefox was even able to achieve more downloads than IE7, at least for the
first few days.

Fran

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In message <ehrb29$p27$(E-Mail Removed)>, Flintstone wrote:
>
>> What do you guys think of the new browsers - FF 2.0 and IE7.
>> Download.com had a comparison of FF and IE, and FF came out on top. 5
>> out of 5 rounds.
>>
>> I think IE7 is a big improvement on the last version, but for me, FF
>> wins hands down.

> That seems to be the general opinion
> <http://stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3845725a28,00.html>. Interesting that
> Firefox was even able to achieve more downloads than IE7, at least for the
> first few days.

Firefox and IE are getting better but I still think they have a way to go to
catch up with Opera.

Fran