Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Blogger.com has problems

Blogger.com has problems

Geopelia

What has gone wrong with blogger.com?
They seem to have problems today.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <ehie0f$7o0$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:

> What has gone wrong with blogger.com?
> They seem to have problems today.

Does their tech support have a blog?

Geopelia

news:ehjnei$u1l$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <ehie0f$7o0$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> What has gone wrong with blogger.com?
>> They seem to have problems today.

> Does their tech support have a blog?

I'm not sure. They sent a lot of stuff about their problems, hope they are
fixed today. I wrote a big piece being a wet Labour Day and lost the lot!
Curses!

Have just checked on Google.
http://help.blogger.com has a lot of FAQs

http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help is for asking questions and
discussion. You need to register. I've just found it but it looks good.

Geopelia

geopelia

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <ehie0f$7o0$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:
>
> > What has gone wrong with blogger.com?
> > They seem to have problems today.

> Does their tech support have a blog?

aioe also seems to have a problem today, hope you see this on Google

http://help.blogger.com has a lot of FAQs

http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help is for people to post
questions and answers etc. You have to register. I've just joined.

I haven't found anything for tech support itself.

Geopelia

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <ehkpi0$m7l$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:

> I wrote a big piece being a wet Labour Day and lost the lot!

Did you try hitting the Back button in your browser to see if you could get
back the page showing your entered text?

Though in general I would not trust browser-based apps with large amounts of
text. I tend to copy and paste the text into a separate text-editor window,
even if only temporarily, just in case.

Geopelia

news:ehmu4n$nhq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <ehkpi0$m7l$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> I wrote a big piece being a wet Labour Day and lost the lot!

> Did you try hitting the Back button in your browser to see if you could
> get
> back the page showing your entered text?

Yes, but just got the "page has expired" notice. It wouldn't have got lost,
I think, if Blogger.com had been working properly. They were having
problems.

> Though in general I would not trust browser-based apps with large amounts
> of
> text. I tend to copy and paste the text into a separate text-editor
> window,
> even if only temporarily, just in case.

I looked for a "save" button, like the one in "Word", but there doesn't seem
to be one.

I've just started a blog, so have a lot to learn. I can use copy and paste
in a document or newsgroup message, but have problems moving stuff into
different programs. Often the copy and paste in the menu is greyed out.

Thank you for your help.

Geopelia

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <ehnfch$l9l$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:

> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
> news:ehmu4n$nhq$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In message <ehkpi0$m7l$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:
>>
>>> I wrote a big piece being a wet Labour Day and lost the lot!

>> Did you try hitting the Back button in your browser to see if you could
>> get
>> back the page showing your entered text?

> Yes, but just got the "page has expired" notice.

That's an Internet Explorer thing. I don't think Firefox has the same
limitation.

>> Though in general I would not trust browser-based apps with large amounts
>> of text. I tend to copy and paste the text into a separate text-editor
>> window, even if only temporarily, just in case.

> I looked for a "save" button, like the one in "Word", but there doesn't
> seem to be one.

No, you select the text, and copy and paste into a window open in a separate
editor app.

> I've just started a blog, so have a lot to learn. I can use copy and paste
> in a document or newsgroup message, but have problems moving stuff into
> different programs. Often the copy and paste in the menu is greyed out.

May be worth trying Firefox to see if that works better for you as a
browser.

Geopelia

news:ehnfk0$oj9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <ehnfch$l9l$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
>> news:ehmu4n$nhq$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Did you try hitting the Back button in your browser to see if you could
>>> get
>>> back the page showing your entered text?

>> Yes, but just got the "page has expired" notice.

> That's an Internet Explorer thing. I don't think Firefox has the same
> limitation.
>
>>> Though in general I would not trust browser-based apps with large
>>> amounts
>>> of text. I tend to copy and paste the text into a separate text-editor
>>> window, even if only temporarily, just in case.

>> I looked for a "save" button, like the one in "Word", but there doesn't
>> seem to be one.

> No, you select the text, and copy and paste into a window open in a
> separate
> editor app.
>
>> I've just started a blog, so have a lot to learn. I can use copy and
>> paste
>> in a document or newsgroup message, but have problems moving stuff into
>> different programs. Often the copy and paste in the menu is greyed out.

> May be worth trying Firefox to see if that works better for you as a
> browser.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.
I don't know enough to start changing things yet. I leave that to the
computer man. He set it up with Outlook Express, and recently changed it to
Windows XP.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <ehkpi0$m7l$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:

> I wrote a big piece being a wet Labour Day and lost the lot!

Definitely worth looking at the just-released Firefox 2.0 then. According to
this review <http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/10/25/1418217>:

What's extra-spiffy about the session restore is that Firefox can even
remember user input in some text fields, so if you're composing a blog
entry and the browser crashes, or you just forget about that 600-word
entry and restart Firefox after installing a new extension, Firefox may
be able to restore your text as well as the browsing history.

OK, this is actually referring to browser crashes/shutdowns rather than
website crashes, but the extra insurance would still be useful.

Geopelia

news:ehs2uc$4mh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <ehkpi0$m7l$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> I wrote a big piece being a wet Labour Day and lost the lot!

> Definitely worth looking at the just-released Firefox 2.0 then. According
> this review <http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/10/25/1418217>:
>
> What's extra-spiffy about the session restore is that Firefox can even
> remember user input in some text fields, so if you're composing a blog
> entry and the browser crashes, or you just forget about that 600-word
> entry and restart Firefox after installing a new extension, Firefox may
> be able to restore your text as well as the browsing history.
>
> OK, this is actually referring to browser crashes/shutdowns rather than
> website crashes, but the extra insurance would still be useful.

Thank you. I'll save that information.

Geopelia