Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > connection question

connection question

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhdW4=?=

i have two computers im trying to network, i have a desktop running xphome,
and a laptop also running xphome. i have a cable modem, a linksys wireless
router .
i have the desktop connceted to the router via ethernet cable, and have a
wireless adapter in the pcmcia slot on the laptop. they both are able to
connect to the internet, however i am unable to share files, or my printer
(which is connected to the desktop), and i can ping from desktop to laptop
fine but when i ping from laptop no connection is made. how do i resolve my
issue, any and all information is greatly appreciated .

Malke

Shaun wrote:

> i have two computers im trying to network, i have a desktop running
> xphome,
> and a laptop also running xphome. i have a cable modem, a linksys
> wireless router .
> i have the desktop connceted to the router via ethernet cable, and
> have a wireless adapter in the pcmcia slot on the laptop. they both
> are able to connect to the internet, however i am unable to share
> files, or my printer (which is connected to the desktop), and i can
> ping from desktop to laptop fine but when i ping from laptop no
> connection is made. how do i resolve my issue, any and all information
> is greatly appreciated .

Here are links to help you:

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ilesharing.htm (Home)
http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm - Small Network Troubleshooter by
Hans-Georg Michna

The first two links should do it for you, but if you are still having
difficulties then take the time to go through MVP Hans-Georg Michna's
troubleshooter. It will pinpoint the problem area(s) for you.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers