Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > R.I.A.A to Ban FM recordings..

R.I.A.A to Ban FM recordings..

zipdisk@clearme.org.nz

How made is this world becoming..?

FM Radios to be Banned..?

Allistar

> How made is this world becoming..?
>

> FM Radios to be Banned..?

Did you read the article? It doesn't mention anything about FM radios being
banned. It does mention a particular FM radio will no longer allow
recording of an FM stream (once users apply a firmware upgrade).

> http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4566

Allistar.

Patrick FitzGerald

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:22:13 +1300, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>How made is this world becoming..?

after becoming it was made

Patrick

zipdisk@clearme.org.nz

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:51:52 +1300, Allistar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

>> How made is this world becoming..?
>>

>> FM Radios to be Banned..?

>Did you read the article? It doesn't mention anything about FM radios being
>banned. It does mention a particular FM radio will no longer allow
>recording of an FM stream (once users apply a firmware upgrade).
>
>> http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4566

>Allistar.

Other sites stated that they wish to ban FM Radio recordings..

Earl Grey

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

Woger, don't crosspost to the loonybin mate.
Now I have to ignore the whole thread.

Allistar

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:51:52 +1300, Allistar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>

>>> How made is this world becoming..?
>>>

>>> FM Radios to be Banned..?

>>Did you read the article? It doesn't mention anything about FM radios
>>being banned. It does mention a particular FM radio will no longer allow
>>recording of an FM stream (once users apply a firmware upgrade).
>>
>>> http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4566

>>Allistar.

> Other sites stated that they wish to ban FM Radio recordings..

Why not post URLs for those sites instead?

Allistar.

E. Scrooge

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> How made is this world becoming..?

Only the creator your God can answer that one.
Expect an answer to your question in about 10,000 years time.

E. Scrooge

~misfit~

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> How made is this world becoming..?
>

> FM Radios to be Banned..?
>

> http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4566

<sigh>

back in the bozo bin for you...

Crossposting as well, some people are just plain stupid.
--
Shaun.

~misfit~

Earl Grey wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> Woger, don't crosspost to the loonybin mate.
> Now I have to ignore the whole thread.

Heh! You're so much nicer than I am.
--
Shaun.

-=rjh=-

Allistar wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

>> How made is this world becoming..?
>>

>> FM Radios to be Banned..?

> Did you read the article? It doesn't mention anything about FM radios being
> banned. It does mention a particular FM radio will no longer allow
> recording of an FM stream (once users apply a firmware upgrade).

In some ways, this is only of note because it affects the US - some DAPs
which have FM radios built in already have different firmware for use
in EU, and recording from FM is disabled. Sansa do this, I'm sure that
others will also.

I wonder why the RIAA would think such recording is a threat - the Sansa
e200 records mono at 32Kb/s, as a wav file, for example, so you aren't
even getting anything like the original FM quality.

I'd suggest the manufacturers had already accommodated any concerns the
RIAA might have had by deliberately reducing the quality of recording in
that fashion, but apparently that isn't enough for the RIAA. They seem
to be totally inflexible and dogmatic in their view of how things will be.

GOogle ban www.gustando.net HTML 5 12-22-2005 09:43 AM
Ban a Non Static IP Address? Hamman Computer Support 9 05-16-2004 05:29 PM
Re: Assault Weapon Ban Deserves Renewal Misa Mirkovic Computer Support 0 02-22-2004 10:11 PM
Assault Weapon Ban Deserves Renewal Jim Nicholson Computer Support 15 02-21-2004 07:01 PM
Annoying ban at bottom of outlook Matt Computer Support 1 07-11-2003 10:40 PM

Advertisments