Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > MythTV PVR setup in Wellington

MythTV PVR setup in Wellington

Earl Grey

JohnO wrote:
> Steven Ellis wrote:
>> Daniel wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Got a work colleague who's looking into purchasing a PVR setup for
>>> himself, including an IR blaster so that his PVR can switch channels on
>>> his cable TV.
>>>
>>> I've read several positive comments about MythTV, so I'm wondering if
>>> anyone in Wellington, or preferrably Kapiti has such a setup up and running.

>> Couple of resources

>> http://www.openmedia.co.nz produce myPVR which is a preconfigured ready
>> to run MythTV box.
>>
>> Steve

> Steve, do you work for Openmedia? You seem to be plugging them on a
> weekly basis and if I didn't know better I'd suspect that Daniel's post
> was pure schill.

Steve has been pretty upfront that Openmedia's PVR is his product, he
has posted all the details of the development process on the
mythtv.co.nz forum.
I've found it quite helpful following his choice of hardware in choosing
a suitable motherboard for a pvr and noting what the various drivers he
has had to add are.
I'm using GBPVR at the moment, but I'm going to stick another drive in
with myth on it just for my own curiousity.
I reckon building mythtv boxes like that is more an enthusiast service
than an`commercial enterprise, and I'm personally willing to cut him
some slack.

Steven Ellis

JohnO wrote:
> Steven Ellis wrote:
> > JohnO wrote:

> > > Steve, do you work for Openmedia? You seem to be plugging them on a
> > > weekly basis and if I didn't know better I'd suspect that Daniel's post
> > > was pure schill.

> > I run OpenMedia.. Hows that for honesty.
> >
> > Any no this thread isn't a setup
> >
> > Steve

> Heh heh. That's all good.

I'm pleased you think so

The www.mythtv.co.nz site is there as a way to push MythTV in general.
Always open to suggestions for new links and news articles.

Steve

Pre-build MythTV Linux PVR eats Windows MCE for breakfast Au79 Computer Support 0 12-16-2006 04:43 AM
Old skymedia card as an input for mythtv? Richard NZ Computing 0 10-15-2006 11:08 AM
MythTV - New zealand mirror GJ NZ Computing 3 02-12-2005 05:32 AM
MythTV - Handle 2 tuners The Hobbit NZ Computing 20 09-29-2004 11:31 AM
Anyone here using MythTV? Graeme Woollett NZ Computing 7 07-14-2003 01:06 AM

Advertisments