Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > M$ and it's media propaganda...

M$ and it's media propaganda...

MaHogany

Quote:
"We are excited to bring the security enhancements and innovative new
features of Windows Vista to our customers and partners around the world,
and we are committed to adhering to local law in every region," said
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in a written statement.

Why are large multinational corporations always "exited" to relase
security patches and bugfixes?

And why should they have to state that they are "committed" to obeying the
law?

Ma Hogany

--
"The average user doesn't know what he wants. The average user wants
fries with that, if prompted."

Patrick FitzGerald

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 15:46:31 +1300, MaHogany <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Quote:
>"We are excited to bring the security enhancements and innovative new
>features of Windows Vista to our customers and partners around the world,
>and we are committed to adhering to local law in every region," said
>Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in a written statement.

Translation:

We are going to bring in measures to make YOU the UNTRUSTED person on
your own copmputer.

Patrick

BrianM

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:46:31 +1000, MaHogany wrote:

> Quote:
> "We are excited to bring the security enhancements and innovative new
> features of Windows Vista to our customers and partners around the
> world, and we are committed to adhering to local law in every region,"
> said Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in a written statement.
>
> Why are large multinational corporations always "exited" to relase
> security patches and bugfixes?
>
> And why should they have to state that they are "committed" to obeying
> the law?
>

> Ma Hogany

Beats throwing chairs

--
BrianM

MaHogany

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 04:22:54 +0000, BrianM wrote:

>> And why should they have to state that they are "committed" to obeying
>> the law?

> Beats throwing chairs

LOL!

Ma Hogany

--
"The average user doesn't know what he wants. The average user wants
fries with that, if prompted."

Blue

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 15:46:31 +1300, MaHogany wrote:

> Quote:
> "We are excited to bring the security enhancements and innovative new
> features of Windows Vista to our customers and partners around the world,
> and we are committed to adhering to local law in every region," said
> Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in a written statement.
>
> Why are large multinational corporations always "exited" to relase
> security patches and bugfixes?
>
> And why should they have to state that they are "committed" to obeying the
> law?

To put one at ease so that they can subvert to their own cause.

BrianM

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:46:31 +1000, MaHogany wrote:

> Quote:
> "We are excited to bring the security enhancements and innovative new
> features of Windows Vista to our customers and partners around the
> world, and we are committed to adhering to local law in every region,"
> said Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in a written statement.
>
> Why are large multinational corporations always "exited" to relase
> security patches and bugfixes?
>
> And why should they have to state that they are "committed" to obeying
> the law?
>

> Ma Hogany

I was listening to an IT program on radio this morning re IE7 and someone
made a comment that the browser wouldn't work with internet
banking - something to do with security scripting? - I wonder if someone
has a handle on this .

--
BrianM