Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > webdrive

webdrive

charterisbay@yahoo.co.nz

Looking for feedback on these people. Just had two days of hellish
incompetence and fubar. Are there any positive experiences?

Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Looking for feedback on these people. Just had two days of hellish
> incompetence and fubar. Are there any positive experiences?

You mean from www.webdrive.com, the FTP client that looks like a drive
letter on your computer?

I use this and have no problems. I have it mapping a drive from one of the
Geekzone servers - it's very convenient and it's ok for the sort of work.

If it's not it, then let me know...

--

Mauricio Freitas
www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm,

charterisbay@yahoo.co.nz

Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > Looking for feedback on these people. Just had two days of hellish
> > incompetence and fubar. Are there any positive experiences?
> >

> You mean from www.webdrive.com, the FTP client that looks like a drive
> letter on your computer?
>
> I use this and have no problems. I have it mapping a drive from one of the
> Geekzone servers - it's very convenient and it's ok for the sort of work.
>
> If it's not it, then let me know...
>

> --
>
> Mauricio Freitas
> www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm,
> www.geekzone.co.nz/geekzoneblog.asp
> Software for Pocket PC: www.geekzone.co.nz/store
> Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

These folk: http://www.webdrive.co.nz/

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <452ff4de$(E-Mail Removed)>, Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:

> ... the FTP client that looks like a drive
> letter on your computer?

Why does it have to use up your limited store of drive letters? Why can't it
use a directory as a mount point?

Chris Hope

> Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> > Looking for feedback on these people. Just had two days of hellish
>> > incompetence and fubar. Are there any positive experiences?

>> You mean from www.webdrive.com, the FTP client that looks like a
>> drive letter on your computer?
>>
>> I use this and have no problems. I have it mapping a drive from one
>> of the Geekzone servers - it's very convenient and it's ok for the
>> sort of work.
>>
>> If it's not it, then let me know...

> These folk: http://www.webdrive.co.nz/

They're excellent. I've only seen good words about them here. What
imcompetence did you experience?

Vista

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> > Looking for feedback on these people. Just had two days of hellish
>> > incompetence and fubar. Are there any positive experiences?
>> >

>> You mean from www.webdrive.com, the FTP client that looks like a drive
>> letter on your computer?
>>
>> I use this and have no problems. I have it mapping a drive from one of
>> the
>> Geekzone servers - it's very convenient and it's ok for the sort of work.
>>
>> If it's not it, then let me know...
>>

>> --
>>
>> Mauricio Freitas
>> www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm,
>> www.geekzone.co.nz/geekzoneblog.asp
>> Software for Pocket PC: www.geekzone.co.nz/store
>> Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

> These folk: http://www.webdrive.co.nz/

I have been using them for a couple of years and have found them to be
excellent, and the service is very reliable.
You will need to post details if you are going to post such a comment, as it
sounds like you are trolling.

El Penguino

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:52:00 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:

>In message <452ff4de$(E-Mail Removed)>, Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
>
>> ... the FTP client that looks like a drive
>> letter on your computer?

>Why does it have to use up your limited store of drive letters? Why can't it
>use a directory as a mount point?

Not wanting to hijack the thread but what happens on windows if you
want more than 26 drives?

How does the 27th get labelled?

Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> > Looking for feedback on these people. Just had two days of hellish
>> > incompetence and fubar. Are there any positive experiences?
>> >

>> You mean from www.webdrive.com, the FTP client that looks like a drive
>> letter on your computer?
>>

> These folk: http://www.webdrive.co.nz/

Oh... Thanks for the clarification.

--

Mauricio Freitas
www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm,
www.geekzone.co.nz/geekzoneblog.asp
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

news:egp1o1$nt6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <452ff4de$(E-Mail Removed)>, Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
>
>> ... the FTP client that looks like a drive
>> letter on your computer?

> Why does it have to use up your limited store of drive letters? Why can't
> it
> use a directory as a mount point?

Because it was designed like this? I don't care, it serves my purposes. But
it's a valid point and just need to send a feedback to the authors.

--

Mauricio Freitas
www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm,
www.geekzone.co.nz/geekzoneblog.asp
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

jasen

On 2006-10-14, El Penguino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:52:00 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
><(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
>
>>In message <452ff4de$(E-Mail Removed)>, Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
>>
>>> ... the FTP client that looks like a drive
>>> letter on your computer?

>>Why does it have to use up your limited store of drive letters? Why can't it
>>use a directory as a mount point?

> Not wanting to hijack the thread but what happens on windows if you
> want more than 26 drives?
>
> How does the 27th get labelled?

way back when it was dos they used the symbols after "Z" in the ascii
character set. IIRC if you did "lastdrive=`" in config.sys you could have
32 drives,

--

Bye.
Jasen