Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ferrit can't count the number of days in a week

ferrit can't count the number of days in a week

Chris Hope

From: http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions...ter.asp?cid=67

"Ferrit are giving away a 2GB Apple ipod Nano (RRP $299.99) every day
this week! Simply enter the competition every day and you?re in the
draw for that day. That?s eight chances to win!"

Eight chances to win if I enter every day this week?

Chris Hope

Chris Hope wrote:

> From: http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions...ter.asp?cid=67
>
> "Ferrit are giving away a 2GB Apple ipod Nano (RRP $299.99) every day
> this week! Simply enter the competition every day and you?re in the
> draw for that day. That?s eight chances to win!"
>
> Eight chances to win if I enter every day this week?

And the other competition has a stuff up too:
http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions...ter.asp?cid=64

You have to answer how many megapixels the camera has. The banner at the
top tells you you're going to win a Fuji 6 megapixel camera, but it's
actually a 5.1 megapixel camera (ok, so it states this in the text on
the page as well, but you'd think they'd get the banner right).

charterisbay@yahoo.co.nz

Chris Hope wrote:
> Chris Hope wrote:
>
> > From: http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions...ter.asp?cid=67
> >
> > "Ferrit are giving away a 2GB Apple ipod Nano (RRP $299.99) every day
> > this week! Simply enter the competition every day and you?re in the
> > draw for that day. That?s eight chances to win!"
> >
> > Eight chances to win if I enter every day this week?

> And the other competition has a stuff up too:
> http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions...ter.asp?cid=64
>
> You have to answer how many megapixels the camera has. The banner at the
> top tells you you're going to win a Fuji 6 megapixel camera, but it's
> actually a 5.1 megapixel camera (ok, so it states this in the text on
> the page as well, but you'd think they'd get the banner right).
>
> --
> Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.com

Plus their tv ads are totally stupid wankery. How many idiots have
actually bought anything? It's another Flying Pig. Give it three
months, after any "Christmas rush" and it will be shut down with loads
of bullshit and spin about why it failed and how much it lost.

-=rjh=-

> Chris Hope wrote:
>> Chris Hope wrote:
>>
>>> From: http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions...ter.asp?cid=67
>>>
>>> "Ferrit are giving away a 2GB Apple ipod Nano (RRP $299.99) every day
>>> this week! Simply enter the competition every day and you?re in the
>>> draw for that day. That?s eight chances to win!"
>>>
>>> Eight chances to win if I enter every day this week?

>> And the other competition has a stuff up too:
>> http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions...ter.asp?cid=64
>>
>> You have to answer how many megapixels the camera has. The banner at the
>> top tells you you're going to win a Fuji 6 megapixel camera, but it's
>> actually a 5.1 megapixel camera (ok, so it states this in the text on
>> the page as well, but you'd think they'd get the banner right).
>>
>> --
>> Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.com

> Plus their tv ads are totally stupid wankery. How many idiots have
> actually bought anything? It's another Flying Pig. Give it three
> months, after any "Christmas rush" and it will be shut down with loads
> of bullshit and spin about why it failed and how much it lost.

The ads are somewhat amusing, but I'm surprised they still use the ad
that mentions toasters when they got caught using their own staff to
write reviews - of toasters.

Chris Hope

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Chris Hope wrote:
>> Chris Hope wrote:
>>
>> > From:
>> > http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions...ter.asp?cid=67
>> >
>> > "Ferrit are giving away a 2GB Apple ipod Nano (RRP $299.99) every
>> > day this week! Simply enter the competition every day and you?re in
>> > the draw for that day. That?s eight chances to win!"
>> >
>> > Eight chances to win if I enter every day this week?

>> And the other competition has a stuff up too:
>> http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions...ter.asp?cid=64
>>
>> You have to answer how many megapixels the camera has. The banner at
>> the top tells you you're going to win a Fuji 6 megapixel camera, but
>> it's actually a 5.1 megapixel camera (ok, so it states this in the
>> text on the page as well, but you'd think they'd get the banner
>> right).

> Plus their tv ads are totally stupid wankery. How many idiots have
> actually bought anything? It's another Flying Pig. Give it three
> months, after any "Christmas rush" and it will be shut down with loads
> of bullshit and spin about why it failed and how much it lost.

They were supposed to have ecommerce functionality, where you buy
directly via Ferrit, at the start of this year. And then it was August,
and then September. I'm guessing it'll never happen. They have wasted
ridiculous amounts of money on that site and someone estimated they'd
need to turnover several hundred million in order to recoup the
millions they've already spent. And that's assuming people even want to
order from Ferrit instead of directly from the retailer...

Shane

Chris Hope wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

>> Chris Hope wrote:

>>> And the other competition has a stuff up too:
>>> http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions...ter.asp?cid=64
>>>
>>> You have to answer how many megapixels the camera has. The banner at
>>> the top tells you you're going to win a Fuji 6 megapixel camera, but
>>> it's actually a 5.1 megapixel camera (ok, so it states this in the
>>> text on the page as well, but you'd think they'd get the banner
>>> right).

>> Plus their tv ads are totally stupid wankery. How many idiots have
>> actually bought anything? It's another Flying Pig. Give it three
>> months, after any "Christmas rush" and it will be shut down with loads
>> of bullshit and spin about why it failed and how much it lost.

> They were supposed to have ecommerce functionality, where you buy
> directly via Ferrit, at the start of this year. And then it was August,
> and then September. I'm guessing it'll never happen. They have wasted
> ridiculous amounts of money on that site and someone estimated they'd
> need to turnover several hundred million in order to recoup the
> millions they've already spent. And that's assuming people even want to
> order from Ferrit instead of directly from the retailer...

Im surprised its lasted this long
Up until 2 minutes ago I had never visited it
The ipod nano competition says theres one to win each day until Friday the
20th, presumably that means, Today (1), Tomorrow (2), Sunday (3),Monday
(4), Tuesday (5), Wednesday (6), Thursday (7), and Friday (

My first question, wtf is the site supposed to be?
It looks like a crap(tm) oscommerce implementation for crap.. (tm)
I had thought it was going to be something like pricespy

Bah its not my sort of thing

/me goes and bids on crap from trademe instead

--
Giant Brain Spawn: Foolish human race! Organising your knowledge by category
just made it easier to absorb. Dewey, you fool! Your decimal system has

blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Chris Hope wrote:

> From: http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions...ter.asp?cid=67
>
> "Ferrit are giving away a 2GB Apple ipod Nano (RRP $299.99) every day
> this week! Simply enter the competition every day and you?re in the
> draw for that day. That?s eight chances to win!"
>
> Eight chances to win if I enter every day this week?

And when the Beatles sang "Eight Days a Week", they were considered
brilliant artists.

Chris Hope

Shane wrote:

[snip]

>> They were supposed to have ecommerce functionality, where you buy
>> directly via Ferrit, at the start of this year. And then it was
>> August, and then September. I'm guessing it'll never happen. They
>> have wasted ridiculous amounts of money on that site and someone
>> estimated they'd need to turnover several hundred million in order to
>> recoup the millions they've already spent. And that's assuming people
>> even want to order from Ferrit instead of directly from the
>> retailer...
>>

> Im surprised its lasted this long
> Up until 2 minutes ago I had never visited it
> The ipod nano competition says theres one to win each day until Friday
> the 20th, presumably that means, Today (1), Tomorrow (2), Sunday
> (3),Monday (4), Tuesday (5), Wednesday (6), Thursday (7), and Friday
> (

That's how they get to 8, but it's all worded badly, hence my post

> My first question, wtf is the site supposed to be?

A place where you can find stuff to buy. They've implemented it badly
though and it's too damn difficult as a retailer to export your data to
them. I was supposed to do this for a customer last year but gave up
after several hours work. They also went and changed the XML spec on me
after I'd already created an implementation...

> It looks like a crap(tm) oscommerce implementation for crap.. (tm)
> I had thought it was going to be something like pricespy

I had thought that's what it was going to be originally but it fails.
There are very few products that are actually available at multiple
retailers which make comparisons impossible.

If I were them I would have approached one retailer type at a time (eg
electronics) and made sure I had as many retailers in that type on the
site and then get the next lot. But they just started off with the
remnants of the Xtra shopping channel and it doesn't look like it's
gotten much further than that.

> Bah its not my sort of thing
>
> /me goes and bids on crap from trademe instead

Different Epoch dates and Number of Days Count gibboda Java 2 02-16-2007 02:37 PM
How much of my bandwith do Ferrit pop-up movies cost me? Philip NZ Computing 9 02-03-2006 01:03 AM
Ferrit.co.nz rupert NZ Computing 16 11-28-2005 09:24 PM
Ferrit.co.nz Nick Mackechnie NZ Computing 0 11-28-2005 08:40 PM
Ferrit Community Forums Ferrit Community Forums Computer Support 18 09-29-2003 11:37 PM

Advertisments